Pump Dying?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a
Hello All. I haven't been on here in a long time, but thought I'd ask this question before I go buying a new pond pump. I have a three year old Laguna Max Flo 4200. Yesterday the flow suddenly dropped. I pulled it out, checked it, cleaned it all out including pulling out the impeller shaft, put it back together, same slow rate. Tonight I inspected it again and thought it dealt much hotter than usual. Seems it shouldn't be too hot running under water and all. What do you think. Order a new one? Thanks!

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
If it has a warranty replace it. But if it doesn't, is there something stuck in the impeller (that is if its open impeller)? My guess is its just dying out basically..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
have u checked it with a new pipe? can be that ur pipe is blocked , just last thing u can check then it must b weak winding need to replace asap

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a
I'm guessing it's dying too. Line is snaked. Even unattached to the line it doesn't seem to move as much water. Going to purchase a new one today.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I got a 4 year warranty with mine and laguna is always happy to help with a pump they make

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a
It was pump death. Picked up a new on yesterday, and flow is back to normal. Thanks, everyone!

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Glad to hear!
clipart-thumbs-up-happy-smiley-emoticon-256x256-8595.png

Ask a Question