Pump for Water Feature

Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I am working on a water feature for my backyard. The reservoir is a 48" tall pot, which will be partially buried (about a foot) in the ground. the top inside diameter is 41", the bottom is 21".

Basically, I'm looking for a pump that can move the water from the bottom of this pot up to 6-8 inches above the surface, over rocks, etc. Any recommendations?

Also, I'm calculating the volume at 153 gallons (inside height = 44"). Does this sound right?

Any help appreciated!

Rob

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome!
smileywelcome687.gif

Do a search for waterfall pumps on line there are a lot of choices. You would not need a real strong one.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
How about a Pondmaster Pondmaster SP-200
Suitable for medium to large indoor and garden fountains. The PondMaster Pondmaster SP-70 is a 200 GPH Submersible Pump with a 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch adapters. It has a 120V with 6' 3-prong grounded power cord and operates SUBMERGED ONLY consuming a maximum of 14 Watts. The PondMaster SP200 has a maximum flow rate of 200 GPH and a maximum head of 6.5'. Pump Measurements: 2.0 in. x 3.0 in. x 2.5 in. 6 month Warranty.

Ask a Question