Pump Help!!!!

Reaction score
I'm new here so hello to everyone. My dad and I have been working on our pond off and on for about 2 months. We had the pond running before and the pump motor burnt up. We bought another 1/2 hp motor to install on the intake basket. The pump has to pump the water about 2 to 3 feet up a gradual slope. We recently had another breaker box installed on the outside of our house and bought a breaker to install in the breaker box to run the pond pump. We ran about 40 feet of 12 gauge wire to hook up directly to the pump. We flipped the breaker on and the pump took 10 minutes to prime and then it only ran 10 more minutes after it had a load and began to flow water. The pump is getting really hot and going into thermal protect mode. We need some tips on how to fix our pump problem. So if anybody has any ideas please HELP. Thanks.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
That sounds like a big pump...is it getting plenty of water ? some thing must be restricted..

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. The pump has a 2 inch inlet and 2 inch outlet. The basket with the intake attached becomes 3/4 of the way full of water when the pump begins to pump water.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
take a water hose and put it in the intake basket and blow the line back to were ever it comes from, it sounds restricted,,,

Reaction score
Ok I will try that as soon as I get some extra time and my dad can help. Thanks alot for the help. Any other ideas please let me know. Thanks.

Ask a Question