Pump help????

Reaction score
Country
United States
My husband and I just moved into a house with a 3/4 acre pond with a fountain. Our fountain's water pump (cal T4000) died 2 weeks ago. Our fountain is a floating fountain and it was anchored by the pump. My husband just purchased the Aquasurge 5000 which seems super heavy and states it is not to be placed directly in the pond. Can we use this one anyway or is there another one out there that we could attach our fountain to and that can float in our pond??? We are pond idiots. Thank you!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I don't have the answer to your question, but wanted to welcome you to the forum :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Maybe you could tie a float on the handle of the pump to hold it of the bottom of your pond.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Set it inside of a large tote or similar container on the bottom of the pond. This will be the equivalent of placing it in a sump as recommended.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I think I know what you are talking about my friend has one in his pond .It has a ring around it that holds the pump and pump has to be in the water .Not sure if you had the single jet in the middle or the ring of jets though .They are pretty expensive to buy and he used a boat to go out so he could replace his .They seem to only last 3 to five years .They need monthly cleaning to make them last longer

Reaction score
Country
United States
Set it inside of a large tote or similar container on the bottom of the pond. This will be the equivalent of placing it in a sump as recommended.
I don't think this would work since it is a floating fountain and our depth is 8-10 feet where the fountain is anchored. But the crate would otherwise work!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think I know what you are talking about my friend has one in his pond .It has a ring around it that holds the pump and pump has to be in the water .Not sure if you had the single jet in the middle or the ring of jets though .They are pretty expensive to buy and he used a boat to go out so he could replace his .They seem to only last 3 to five years .They need monthly cleaning to make them last longer
Ours has the single jet in the middle that sprays in a beautiful design. The fountain is attached to a float and the pump sits directly underneath. I do have to take a boat out to get to it. We are having a hard time finding a pump that can be submerged directly in the pond and can float. Our old one has horrendous reviews!

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I don't think this would work since it is a floating fountain and our depth is 8-10 feet where the fountain is anchored. But the crate would otherwise work!
Was the previous pump attached to the fountain float ring or did it sit on the bottom of the pond? If it was located on the pond's bottom I see no reason why the Aquascape pump could not do the same since it is a 'torpedo' style pump similar to the Cal T4000, unless that is why the Cal T4000 failed....due to clogging.
If it was attached to the float ring, the Aquascape pump should do the same with maybe minor modifications.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I know my friends is anchored to the float ring and he lowered his down 3 feet as per a you tube video .There are video's on them and names of pumps you can use .True any pump will work if the cord is long enough but most won't .That is mainly why the pumps are more expensive .

Reaction score
Country
United States
Was the previous pump attached to the fountain float ring or did it sit on the bottom of the pond? If it was located on the pond's bottom I see no reason why the Aquascape pump could not do the same since it is a 'torpedo' style pump similar to the Cal T4000, unless that is why the Cal T4000 failed....due to clogging.
If it was attached to the float ring, the Aquascape pump should do the same with maybe minor modifications.
When I reread my first post, I realized I was unclear...the previous pump was attached to the float ring. When I pulled the Cal T4000 out of the water, I fully expected to unclog it and plop it back in. Unfortunately, I did not see a clog. Since I have no idea how to do any modifications, we are exchanging it for an Oase pond jet replacement pump. But yes, if it sat on the bottom, the crate would have been our solution!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I know my friends is anchored to the float ring and he lowered his down 3 feet as per a you tube video .There are video's on them and names of pumps you can use .True any pump will work if the cord is long enough but most won't .That is mainly why the pumps are more expensive .
Thanks! The cord length is a huge factor! So many only have 20 ft.

Ask a Question