Pump Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I NEED HELP PLEASE - INHERITED POND SO ALL NEW TO THIS

The old pump has given up. A friend has given me a Hailea Air Compressor Pump ACO-009E because of the size of the pond but no instructions. I have questions:

1. Does this go in the pond itself like the old one? Doesn't look like it?
2. Which end is the outlet that I have to connect to the filter - copper pipe or black plastic plastic?
3. In that case the other end (inlet) do I need to put a pipe on it?

Thank you so much to anyone that can help.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Show us pictures of the old and new pump and how the old one was connected. An air pump doesn’t typically connect to a filter. Definitely doesn’t get submerged.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will the pictures when I get home. If an air pump doesn't connect to a filter, how do I clean the water? It looks like it may be of no use to me after all, but will post later on.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It looks like that pump is just used for aeration, not to pump water to filter. Definitely does not go into the pond. It connects to small tubing and air stones.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
An air pump is used to pump air into the water to increase oxygen. It doesn't filter the water.

Small rubber tubing is connected to the air pump on one end, then the other end of the tubing connects to an air stone that you put in the water. The air stone creates bubbles that add oxygen to the water.

Check, but I'm pretty sure you need to protect that air pump from the weather.
I keep mine in a little wooden "house" I made from scrap wood.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The air pump it the start . This is a must if there are fish in the pond. Take pictures of the pond filter / air pump. everything, including the over all area.

Plug in the air pump and which ever end is blowing is the pipe you will be adding to and putting into the water. Untill we know a lot more there's little else for us to suggest other then complete guestimates

Ask a Question