Pump recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can I get some recommendations on an external pump? Also I’ve noticed that if they aren’t self priming, they usually say “must be below water level.” Could I just use a check valve if it will be above water level? Thank you.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Is there a reason you are set on an external pump .I chose submerged so I never have to worry about taking it out before cold weather hits .I know the best thing that external pumps have is the leaf basket ..

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love external pumps no filters you have to pull out and clean. Takes me about 15 minutes to pull for the winter and reinstall for the summer.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there a reason you are set on an external pump .I chose submerged so I never have to worry about taking it out before cold weather hits .I know the best thing that external pumps have is the leaf basket ..
I’m going to be using it for my main filtration in conjunction with a bottom drain and probably a canister filter. I already have a submerged running my skimmer and waterfall.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Oh Ok .I don't have to pull my laguna pumps because they are in a cage with no prefilter .With external knowing me I would forget to pull it come winter .Here I never know when winter is coming either .At least you have a submerged also .I have nothing against external but for me the you never know will happen .Plus all the ones I saw at aquascape were kinda of noisy and what they required to be installed correctly was kinda of expensive .Bad enough I her the hum of the aerator .I use cheap sump pump hose for my laguna pumps for years now

Ask a Question