Pump sizing

Reaction score
Looking at getting a laguna pressure flo 8000 for my pond. Just wanting to know what size laguna pump I should get? The distance from pump to the filter will be 4 m across with only about 400mm height rise.

Not to sure on how much head/ volume loss the filter will create?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi there

It's in the building process ATM. It's 4mx .6x.6. Made of brick walls, concrete base, and going to fibreglass the inside.

It's going to get a little afternoon sun so I would prefer to over filter rather than under filter.

Reaction score
I dont get it either but it would make catching the fish easy if there was a problem. Correct me if im wrong but thats about 12 feet long by 2 feet wide by 2 feet deep? I guess a little shy of that. So 12x2x2x7.5 is about 360 gallons? So how about a pump around 900 gallons per hour to turn the water over twice per hour when accounting for pumping loses associated with head and friction etc. By the way I have no idea what sort of filter that is. In general, get as much pump as the filter can handle.

Ask a Question