Pump Time

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
I’ve been running my pond with a sump I had laying about. It works but it’s noisy and I don’t trust it. So searching. Found a PondPulse 4200 gph that seems to fit the bill. Budget 200-250. Pond is Very simple above ground. 355 gallon with filter full. 15 ft 3/4 with 5 high into the gravity system. Dimensions of this pump fit in my sump house. Curious if anyone is familiar with pondpulse or is it just another knockoff.

Attachments

• BC12F750-779B-4033-AF94-D0F1DAEE9E87.jpeg
    BC12F750-779B-4033-AF94-D0F1DAEE9E87.jpeg
    229 KB · Views: 249
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Sparky,
I am not familiar with the PondPulse Hybrid 4200 pump. But have a question about your existing pump. Perhaps a good cleaning of will help. Sometimes the impeller or simply the bearings need replacement which might be cheaper. It is worth looking into. Good luck!
Stephen

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
Hi Sparky,
I am not familiar with the PondPulse Hybrid 4200 pump. But have a question about your existing pump. Perhaps a good cleaning of will help. Sometimes the impeller or simply the bearings need replacement which might be cheaper. It is worth looking into. Good luck!
Stephen
I had that thought. It’s a good pump but it’s seen some tough jobs. Figured I would keep it as a backup. Maybe I will pull it apart then.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
@Sparky you could probably get away with a smaller pump since it’s only 355 gallons. Even a 1000 gph pump would turn the water over almost 3x an hour. Just a thought!?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I would never recommend a sump pump over a pond pump. Sumps aren't designed to run 24/7. They will fail and you'll be scrambling. Our sump pumps fail just being sump pumps - our pump runs frequently, but still... nothing like a pond pump.

I don't know anything about that particular brand of pump though - can you find any consumer reviews?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
I would never recommend a sump pump over a pond pump. Sumps aren't designed to run 24/7. They will fail and you'll be scrambling. Our sump pumps fail just being sump pumps - our pump runs frequently, but still... nothing like a pond pump.

I don't know anything about that particular brand of pump though - can you find any consumer reviews?
Yeah, I knew about continuous duty issues. If sumps had feelings, I’d probably be going to hell. What we do with them at work is not nice. Well I read reviews and while I can get cheaper and smaller, it just really seemed they all looked alike and at the same price point...too cheap.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
Took a gamble. Simple Deluxe (read China) had an 1150 on the cheap. If it lasts a season I will be happy. Right now? Very happy. Except for the sound of a trickling waterfall, my pond is SILENT. No vibration. Nothing. Though my flow is down by 350, the gravity system seems more at ease. Water spending a little more time in the media. I can’t get over how quiet this pump is and small. We’ll see. Cheap enough to by a spare.

Ask a Question