pumps

Reaction score
im looking for a pump that will do around 1500 gallons...and found quiet one, aquamax, and laguna

which ones are the best for the cost...
basically i need it to run my oase aquaskim skimmer

Reaction score
If you can afford it, folks say the OASE products are among the best. I've had experience with EasyPro, running them for about a year. The ones I have pump at about 90-95% rated capacity.

Now's a good time to buy. You probably already know these websites, but just in case you don't check out WebbsOnline, Pondliner, AZPonds, Justliners, Aquaart, Everliner, fancykoioutlet, drfoster&smith, aquaticponds, pondscapedesigns, watergarden.org.

Reaction score
hmm thats what i heard too...im looking at the quiet max because they can be run dry...what is your opinion on these...if i do go this route im most likely going to get the quiet one 5000 or 6000...im trying to get what is not needed in my pond out so if i can get the pump out i will

Reaction score
oops i meant the quiet ones*ran out of edit time*

and arent the easy pros waterfall pumps...i need something that will go in-line with my skimmer and filter

Reaction score
I probably shouldn't pitch in and comment because I'm really a newbie. The EasyPro pumps I have are the mag-drives and can be used submersible or externally. They are very quiet in my configuration, which is in my skimmer plus "T" plumbed to a bottom drain (I have a valve to adjust water intake between bottom and skimmer). These pumps are pretty low in energy usage which I liked when I did the research.

Sounds like what you want is an above ground, in-line pump and I have no experience there and only minimal reading. Also, I have no experience with the brand you mention. Anybody else comment?

Reaction score
All of my pumps are Laguna pumps. They are quiet they come a number of sizes and they are fixable. Parts are easy to come by. Mine have been trouble free for years. The only part that I have had to replace is the impeller after 6 years of running. I am a DIY person so this is a good thing for me.

Reaction score
c2c7390--you'd be in good hands w/the Pond Lady. Check out her website. VERY knowledgeable, many articles, much information and solid products.

Ask a Question