pumps

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Just wondering since I plan on bringing my fish in (since my pond is only 18" deep) draining my 8 x 6 preformed pond, covering it with a tarp, bringing in plants that last indoors, and bringing in my two pumps...would it be best to leave them in a bucket of water so the seals do not dry out in the basement? I'm in zone 5 gets cold here in the winter so figured I gotta do all this to keep my fishkids alive and happy. It's already getting to 45 at night but in the 70's mainly right now with occassional 80's and 60 degree days. I've noticed the fish act hungry but dont seem to eat as much anymore, that or it's the different fish food I got because earl may was out of theirs. Have also noticed these past couple weeks sting algea...am not amused with this stuff as my pond has been crystal clear and clean all summer long.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I always leave mine in a bucket of water and I have had 1 almost 8 years now .It keeps the seals from drying out.There is a fall food and is fed when the temp of water gets below 50 degrees .I get tetra spring and fall diet food .it has wheat germ in it and some people just feed there fish wheat germ

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes I would put it in a bucket of water to keep the seals wet so they don't dry out. I leave mine on the bottom of my pond but I'm not in such a cold area as you are.

Ask a Question