Push notifications

Reaction score
Country
United States
Would someone please let me know what is a push notification? How will it aid me?
Many thanks from a retired guy who still reads hardback books. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Is this relating to GPF? Asking you to enable notifications? It usually means that, if you enable it, what you see as "notifications" on the site (the bell in the navigation) will be delivered immediately in your browser as a little notification. Let's you know someone replied to something you're involved in right away rather than waiting for you to come to the site and look at notifications.

Very helpful if you want to be the first to know when there's a new photo of @GBBUDD's big, fat koi.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, it's related to GPF. It keeps asking if I want the push notifications. I had no idea what it meant. Thanks, combatwombat, for the explanation! One other question: I see the @ used for example, @combatwombat. Does that give you a direct notification to say, email, that someone has responded without you having to log in to the site?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Yeah, it's related to GPF. It keeps asking if I want the push notifications. I had no idea what it meant. Thanks, combatwombat, for the explanation! One other question: I see the @ used for example, @combatwombat. Does that give you a direct notification to say, email, that someone has responded without you having to log in to the site?

Depends on profile settings. Using @ will generate an alert that the mentioned person sees when they log in Not sure if a mention alone will generate an email. You can manage those settings here: https://www.gardenpondforum.com/account/preferences

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Would someone please let me know what is a push notification? How will it aid me?
Many thanks from a retired guy who still reads hardback books. :)
I have shelves of books, but also read on my reader, easier to haul around when traveling. Think last look I had 400 some books on it.

Now that my hands are fixed, I can hold a book again and read it!

Ask a Question