Put in some work today

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Got a load of rock, for free of course, from my parents neighbors, she just happened to be in the backyard talking to him and he said he had to pay someone to haul all this rock away that he was removing, and she volunteered my services :)

Still have some more work to do, smaller rock and then some more dirt to completely cover the liner, but its looking a lot better. I don't even think I've posted pictures of the new filtration, 32 gallon garbage can biofilter, and a rubbermaid mechanical filter down that the bottom. My water was looking pretty bad for a week or two, but those new additions last weekend cleared it right up.

1 (4).jpg

1.jpg

1 (1).jpg

1 (2).jpg

1 (3).jpg

Reaction score
I've never seen a pump return like that...a bar with a bunch of holes at water level. Very interesting, nice effect on the water with the shape of the pond it looks like a section of stream.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I've never seen a pump return like that...a bar with a bunch of holes at water level. Very interesting, nice effect on the water with the shape of the pond it looks like a section of stream.

Was going to say the same thing, love your return!

Great job, it is looking good

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If you don't like the white color, get some of the krylon, valspar hard plastic paint. I coated my deck pond pvc intake with the paint about 2 months ago, it has been in the water since then and still looking good. Really hides the piping. I used a combo of brown and black paint.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i cant seem to find black ABS or PVC pipe locally here. so Krylon fusions is what i'll be painting my exposed filter plumbing with...but its been like five years now and i still havent gotten around to it....LAZY!!! and its just the top bar and tee to the down pipe...only about 15" of pipe or so....
and maybe alittle absent minded as well, i just never think about it when im out and could get the paint.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Thanks! it does a very nice job of pushing stuff towards the side of the pond where the skimmer is, and the fish seem to like the current.

That mechanical filter on the bottom is just a rubbermaid tub with the 900 gph submersible inside it, surrounded by filter media, and the a bunch of holes drilled in the lid. that returns up to the 2 inch pvc "spray bar"

Then the new 2150 gph pump sits in the skimmer area and pumps into the garbage can biofilter.

Ask a Question