Question about liner

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Our supplier just told us that he does not supply the size liner we need, he could get the next size up, but it will cost us a lot more money.
So our options are: A) go way larger and spend a ton of extra money just to waste the extra footage, or B) try to locate a liner online, on our own.
We chose option B, but now we're not sure once we get the liner, how can we tell for sure if it is indeed the 45mil EPDM they advertise, or a poor imitation?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I got mine from underwater wharehouse this is what I found comparable 35 x50 $ 1140.48 flat rate shipping is 164.50
http://www.underwaterwarehouse.com/Pond-Liner-45-mil/Firestone-Pond-Liner-50-ft-Rolls-p-424.html
with any liner delivery can a tractor trailer get down your street?
how will you get it off the truck? I couldn't find anyone who would deliver it to my address and place it on the ground. I picked it up at the trucking companies hub one town over with my trailer it was the easiest solution they loaded it in the trailer with a fork truck. and when I had the man power it was easy to unload it and place it in the pond.
If that's too big I would give them a call I have spoke to the owner several times and he was always very helpful. You never know what they can do for you

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I got mine from underwater wharehouse this is what I found comparable 35 x50 $ 1140.48 flat rate shipping is 164.50
http://www.underwaterwarehouse.com/Pond-Liner-45-mil/Firestone-Pond-Liner-50-ft-Rolls-p-424.html
with any liner delivery can a tractor trailer get down your street?
how will you get it off the truck? I couldn't find anyone who would deliver it to my address and place it on the ground. I picked it up at the trucking companies hub one town over with my trailer is was the easiest solution they loaded it in the trailer with a fork truck. and when I had the man power it was easy to unload it and place it in the pond.
Thanks for the link!
We're having it shipped to my husband's work, they are well equipped there

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks for the link!
We're having it shipped to my husband's work, they are well equipped there
Don't know about your self but having extra rubber for accidental tear rip puncture. a winter pad in the winter for those sensitive plants or even a quarantine tank a 15 x 35 foot piece of rubber you could even sell hell use it to roof a shed or flat roof

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
If you are unsure about the company, maybe look them up with the B.B.B. Would you consider seaming two pieces together. Don't quote me on this, but when I was shopping for my own liner, I was under the impression that a large liner is going to have a factory seal as in two pieces sealed together in the factory.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Gemma. The price they are giving you is 90 cents per SF which is slightly better than average, but nothing too unusual. Maybe they are buying a lot of lot of 50 ft wide rolls and getting stuck with 35 ft wide when they cut it and are discounting them slightly to get rid of them. I checked where I typically buy my equipment from (AZponds) and their prices range from $.95-$1.10/SF which is pretty similar to the other liners listed on that web page you gave....Oh by the way. i don't know if you have ever ordered a liner that large, but make sure you have a dolly or hand truck to move it when it gets dropped shipped!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Don't know about your self but having extra rubber for accidental tear rip puncture. a winter pad in the winter for those sensitive plants or even a quarantine tank a 15 x 35 foot piece of rubber you could even sell hell use it to roof a shed or flat roof
I get it, but our supplier quoted us 700 dollars more for those extra feet and that did not include taxes or handling, so that's why we're looking for it on our own

If you are unsure about the company, maybe look them up with the B.B.B. Would you consider seaming two pieces together. Don't quote me on this, but when I was shopping for my own liner, I was under the impression that a large liner is going to have a factory seal as in two pieces sealed together in the factory.
I hope you're wrong about a large liner being seamed because if that was the case I could buy a bunch of cheap little ones and seam them together myself. I would not be happy with that, but it would definitely save me a ton of money:D
Hi Gemma. The price they are giving you is 90 cents per SF which is slightly better than average, but nothing too unusual. Maybe they are buying a lot of lot of 50 ft wide rolls and getting stuck with 35 ft wide when they cut it and are discounting them slightly to get rid of them. I checked where I typically buy my equipment from (AZponds) and their prices range from $.95-$1.10/SF which is pretty similar to the other liners listed on that web page you gave....Oh by the way. i don't know if you have ever ordered a liner that large, but make sure you have a dolly or hand truck to move it when it gets dropped shipped!
The part I found too good to be true wasn't much the cheaper price, it was the free shipping on top of the cheaper price! I've seen a lot of company offering the free shipping but then when you "add to cart" they add handling and /or freight cost
And yes we are aware of the weight of a liner that size. we have an industrial deliver address, truck, forklift and extra hands ready to help ...thank goodness for good friends:)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
gemma have you checked pond stores .I know now that there is a new one in called pond country in mooresville nc it is 2 miles off I- 77

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
The pest price I can find in Canada is $1.50 sqft and that is for roofing EPDM and only with a 100' roll.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
gemma have you checked pond stores .I know now that there is a new one in called pond country in mooresville nc it is 2 miles off I- 77
No I haven't yet, thanks!

Ask a Question