Question about liner

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I hope you're wrong about a large liner being seamed because if that was the case I could buy a bunch of cheap little ones and seam them together myself. I would not be happy with that, but it would definitely save me a ton of money:D
More then likely they are correct there will more then likely be a factory seam. but a factory seam is night and day to what we can do our selves theres absolutely no comparison

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
More then likely they are correct there will more then likely be a factory seam. but a factory seam is night and day to what we can do our selves theres absolutely no comparison
Yes, we called and they told us the liner is factory seamed every 10', they told us the seams are the stronger parts of the liner.
What is the size you desire?
35x35 :) We're gonna go with the Grayston Creations, seems the only reasonable priced without additional hidden fees

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I'm thinking about digging a small water garden, only 24 inches deep, to over winter my deck pond plants. I called our local hatchery and they quoted $1.04 per sq ft for liner and .44 cents for underlayment, but they're willing to price match online deals.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Builders discount center here carries rubber epdm roofing cheap .I was going to get a piece until I found the piece at goodwill .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Builders discount center here carries rubber epdm roofing cheap .I was going to get a piece until I found the piece at goodwill .
I thought roofing liner wasn't good for ponds?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I used Epdm roofing for my 1st pond and no issues. Just laid it out in the driveway, hosed it off and good to go. Then a few years later I bought a new liner to make a bigger pond and I bought irrigation epdm liner and have had it in there for many years. Both the roof and irrigation liners were cheaper than what I saw online or in pond stores.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The powder they use to keep it from sticking to it's self is different and needs to be washed off .They use baking soda on epdm for pond liner and can't remember what it was called for rubber roofing .I my pond group is a guy with a pond the is a goodyear person for the goodyear plant in Danville VA and his liner is rubber roofing and he just hosed the powder off a couple of times and his pond is 4 years old and he needed help with his filters so came to use for help

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@Gemma here is some info I pulled when looking for my own pond liner. EDPM liner is made from recycled tires, and other ingredients, so each batch is different and made with cost efficiency of sourced materials to produce it in mind. Some will be fish safe, but others won't. So you could get a roof liner that is fine, or one that will kill the fish, as the materials used were not tested for fish its hit or miss. My home and garage is really old, as far as I'm aware the liner on the garage has a heavy dose of algaecide or fungicide added, can't remember which. Depends on each company and what they order from EPDM suppliers. Here was something firestone I saw when researching liners. Hope you can read it.
20180920_213157~2.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@Gemma here is some info I pulled when looking for my own pond liner. EDPM liner is made from recycled tires, and other ingredients, so each batch is different and made with cost efficiency of sourced materials to produce it in mind. Some will be fish safe, but others won't. So you could get a roof liner that is fine, or one that will kill the fish, as the materials used were not tested for fish its hit or miss. My home and garage is really old, as far as I'm aware the liner on the garage has a heavy dose of algaecide or fungicide added, can't remember which. Depends on each company and what they order from EPDM suppliers. Here was something firestone I saw when researching liners. Hope you can read it.View attachment 115931
Tara. That is great information. Thank you for posting it!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@Gemma ]So you could get a roof liner that is fine, or one that will kill the fish
This explains why there's still those using roof liners! The one I ordered is pond liner .
Thank you so much for your time and will to research, you're always a great contribution to this forum! :)

My liner is due to be delivered today! I can't wait to see it installed, that will take a big weight off my mind!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@Gemma thank you, it was no problem, this was info I had pulled when researching my own pond build. You are coming to one of the best parts of a pond build, filling it with water. I know I almost felt like a child the day I filled mine. Good luck with the install.

Ask a Question