Question about Pumps

Reaction score
Hi, I'm just getting started putting together a pond and I was wondering if I could get some advice. I'm going to create a 3000 to 5000 gallon pond including a 4 to 5 foot waterfall. I've been shopping used equipment and have found a used Cal Pump PLP8000 for $200 and a used SAVIO WATERMASTER 6500 for $300. What are your opinions on either of the pumps and which do you think is a better deal?

thanks,

Mike

I originally posted this at another forum by mistake

Reaction score
Mikalle1 said:
Hi, I'm just getting started putting together a pond and I was wondering if I could get some advice. I'm going to create a 3000 to 5000 gallon pond including a 4 to 5 foot waterfall. I've been shopping used equipment and have found a used Cal Pump PLP8000 for $200 and a used SAVIO WATERMASTER 6500 for $300. What are your opinions on either of the pumps and which do you think is a better deal?

thanks,

Mike

I originally posted this at another forum by mistake

I'm no expert on pumps and am in the same position you are in. My take on pumps are .... you get what you pay for. Also, you may want to look at operating costs. Some of the less expensive pumps seem to use much more energy, relatively speaking. Noise is also something you may want to consider. There are quite a few folks here on this forum that can provide you with quality info.

Ask a Question