Question on syphon style bottom drain

whiskey

Always trying to perfect something fishy
Reaction score
hi what would you use to keep fish from getting trapped in the inlet pipe that fits onto 1 1/2" plastic piping. After long canopy items like sucker, may be have castle mouldings or slots, to allow flow without fish getting trapped.
My idea is to use stainless steel loaf tins or something longer, cut slots or perforate tin and fit tank connector to attach pipe to. DO YOU HAVE A BETTER IDEA.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I used a strainer that is for the kitchen .It hand a handle and I just snapped it off .It was small and I got it at the dollar store here .But guessing you could find in any kitchen type store .I think it is for straining fruit from seeds .It is a stainless steel mesh and looks similar to a teacup shape and came in different sizes of mesh .It is not soft but can be shaped a little and you can get it with small holes or bigger holes .Not sure thats what you were looking for but used it for my overflow pipe also .

Ask a Question