Quick & easy way to find OLDER posts?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'm trying to track something down from my 1st year or so on GPF, maybe 2013-ish. I've tried searching using keywords [which doesn't help because I don't recall how any of this was posted in the first place.....], setting the date, and looking at "my content" -- without any luck.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I was looking for some of my older stuff and couldn't find it either.

I wonder if when the forum was upgraded some of the old threads were lost?
No, they're still there [but no idea how far back they go] -- have you noticed the section at bottom of the page, "similar threads?" These are all older threads.

I did eventually find what I was looking for, but only because [in advanced search] I put in the names of a few of the members who I thought might have initiated or contributed to the thread. This particular thread was from July, 2012, and I remembered that it was started by a guy. I just kept at it, trying different keywords and combinations. Whew! There does need to be an easier way.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
All of the threads from before the upgrade are still here, but it'll be hard to find old threads unless you are good at guessing keywords. Although, if you use google to search the site (add "site:gardenpondforum.com" to the query), you may have more luck as that can be much more intelligent when ordering search queries than the site search engine. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I go into my profile then go to recent posts , if you go to the bottom of them and click on the bottom where it says find all posts by Dave 54 find all threads by Dave 54 then click on it .
This opens you up from your first ever thread to todays thread.
Thats how I find threads of mine from the past Maggie , I hope this helps you find what your looking for :)
You can go into anyones profile and do it via their postings , I think it less complicated than picking key words out and searching that way .:cool:

Dave

Last edited:

Ask a Question