Quick question on external pumps

Reaction score
Hello to all
I currently have a 3200 submersible pond-master hydrive in my skimmer going to a fall/stream. I am looking at putting in one of the surface bottom drains that will go directly into a 100 gallon stock tank, which then becomes a fall/stream as well (there will be two streams when its all done). My question is are there any external pumps that are less than 3600 gph? With my head on the stock tank and falls and tubing it would reduce flow on a 3600 gph to around 2400-2600 gph. My fear is that the water will be going through the stock tank and media to fast....thoughts? Thanks ahead of time for all your insight and happy ponding!

Oh and my water volume is around 1600gallons....

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
a simple tee connection and a ball valve will cure the problem. put a tee in line from your pump to your stocktank filter and a ball valve in between the tee and the filter. from the other port on the tee run a hose directly to the waterfall bypassing the filter. the ballvalve will control flow rate thru the filter and all other flow will go directly to the falls or other feature.

Ask a Question