Quick question...

DNR

DNR
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Can anyone tell me where to find a pond cleaning net that has fine mesh. I need something with a long handle so I can scoop up
fish poop and fine particles from the bottom of my pond. I've looked all over but they're either 16" ( too big ) or for aquariums.
If anyone has a certain supply company to reccomend, I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks,
DNR

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States

DNR

DNR
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll check those out. I have a Butterfly net and lined it with fine netting but ut has a short handle and
the cold water is freezing my arms :)

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
For leaves and gunk on the bottom swimming pool nets work great, they trap more gunk and remove it. The large bellied ones work best, skimmer nets have very minimal use if any at all. A good telescopic pole should run about $22-$25 the net I use cost about $25 at lowes and $50 at the pool place. (Surprised?? LOL) but it's one of the better ones and has a rubber leaf lip that slides on the bottom fairly easy, Now for a decent Koi or large goldfish net check out Home depot, Although it's not a good net for Koi over 15"-18" for $20 it's a great all purpose net and it's easy to make the handle longer also as it is telescoping. It's a good open ring for catching weak or smaller fish and the netting material is soft and does not seem to harm the slime coating on the fish as bad as some I have had experience with. Not a bad idea to have a good long handle net. Sooner or later you always need it!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Problem is DNR is looking for one that has a net smaller than 16" and I don't see any of the pool leaf rake's smaller than that so I was suggesting the skimmer as they come smaller. You might just want to make one your self DNR. They can't be that hard. Maybe someone here has an idea on how to make one for your size and then you can just use a long pole to attach it to. I have made our floating rings out of the fiberglass screen door material from Lowes or H-Depot and you could prolly use that.

Ask a Question