qwestion

lee

Reaction score
hi all i need to treat my pond but a cant work out how much stuff to use i have a 100mls ans it says 10mls does 11 gal and my pond is 12320 gal so can any1 help me on how much should i use

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Lee
Please type the exact instructions, making sure the spelling and numbers are exactly as shown on the container. I want to make sure it is the right data so you can be accuratley helped.

lee

Reaction score
here is what itsays on the bottle 1 calculate the volume of water to be treated from the volum table in the booklet

2 after shaking the bottle thoroughly select the most appropriate measure measuring cup or pipette (which should be filled to the top of the shoulder) and measure out the treatment as followes

3 optimise aeration

4 remove carbon and zeolite filter media from the aquarium

5 anti fungus and finrot must be fully dissolved by stirring in warm tap water before being evenly distributed over the aquarium surface note 570mls (1pint) of warm water will dissolve 20mls of anti fungus and finrot

6 for further details refer to the enclosed booklet

7 after 7 days another fish health treatment or redose can be used if dosing is complete carbon and zeolite can be returned to the aquarium

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Re: question

If your bottle has 100 mls and your pond is 12320 gallons, you would need 112 bottles to treat the pond.
You best bet is to treat an aquarium. Do you have one?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Then take a trashcan and put a liner in it. Add a circulation pump and an airstone and you have an emergency hospital tank.

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
lee are you sure about the amount of water in your pond ? i work it out to be about 348 gallons or 1582 liters only its important to know the right amount of water if your treating your pond

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
That would take just over 3 bottles to treat it. A 30 gallon trashcan would take about 1/3 of a bottle.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Lee. It is very important for everyone to keep on hand a few basic tools so that when this happens, you don't lose valuable time.
Once you see a fish is having problems, you may only have hours left to start a cure. More often than not, we get postings and by the time it all gets sorted out and everything is in place, the fish has expired.
A hospital tank, or equivalent, rock salt, a known place to quickly get the antibiotics if needed, and a first aid guide on basic illness's so you have a plan to work from.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
DrDave said:
Sorry to hear that Lee. It is very important for everyone to keep on hand a few basic tools so that when this happens, you don't lose valuable time.
Once you see a fish is having problems, you may only have hours left to start a cure. More often than not, we get postings and by the time it all gets sorted out and everything is in place, the fish has expired.
A hospital tank, or equivalent, rock salt, a known place to quickly get the antibiotics if needed, and a first aid guide on basic illness's so you have a plan to work from.

Great points but left on key thing out, Some kind of way to keep the water oxygenated. either air pump and air stone or small submersible pump to keep the water moving and to break the water surface up to sustain higher oxygen levels as fish in distress will need when medicating. Kiddie pools are cheap and work well too, just have to find a way from keeping them from jumping out. I cover mine with a thin sheet of plywood to give shade, a hiding spot to keep them calm and it reduces the chance of jumping greatly, a screen wire on the opening side and that problem is solved. make sure you know exact amount of water you have in the container for medicating purposes. Even if you have to fill and dump five gallon buckets it's really important to know as close as possible the exact gallons that need to be treated.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Good point.
We actually have a list and DoDad also posted one also but ours are more comprehensive. An air pump is an absolute requirement for an ill fish on meds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichV

Latest Threads