Rabbithole Garden"s Pond

1500-gallon koi and goldfish pond with waterfall.
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Love the natural area.
Thank you! Marie, the woman we bought this place from, was a master gardener. She turned this place into a real jewel. I just hope I can do it justice.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Your pond and area w/all that stone looks so pretty, peaceful and well designed! Who did all that great rock work...............I love rocks!
Oh and
1670264016563.gif
@Cakeatron to the forum :happy:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Your pond and area w/all that stone looks so pretty, peaceful and well designed! Who did all that great rock work...............I love rocks!
Oh and View attachment 155324@Cakeatron to the forum :happy:
I honestly do not know who did it! Marie was in hospice care when we bought the place and there just was not enough time to get all of our many questions answered. I love rocks too! This place has rocks and boulders everywhere! I hope we can restore the entire property because she used to give tours of the gardens! Thank you! I have been reading on here up until today because I felt really in over my head with a fish pond! I had never successfully owned fish before (I am not sure goldfish as a child really counts lol) and we lost 3 fish to a heron the first year!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I honestly do not know who did it! Marie was in hospice care when we bought the place and there just was not enough time to get all of our many questions answered. I love rocks too! This place has rocks and boulders everywhere! I hope we can restore the entire property because she used to give tours of the gardens! Thank you! I have been reading on here up until today because I felt really in over my head with a fish pond! I had never successfully owned fish before (I am not sure goldfish as a child really counts lol) and we lost 3 fish to a heron the first year!
Whoever laid that stone did a great job! I'm surprised the heron does not come back regularly to your pond. Usually they don't stop til they empty a pond of fish. I had to put a net over mine to stop them.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Whoever laid that stone did a great job! I'm surprised the heron does not come back regularly to your pond. Usually they don't stop til they empty a pond of fish. I had to put a net over mine to stop them.
He did keep coming back! The net Marie had up was not keeping him out. I chased him multiple times with a garden hose and we put up a new net. Thankfully the addition of a heron statue seems to have done the trick!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
He did keep coming back! The net Marie had up was not keeping him out. I chased him multiple times with a garden hose and we put up a new net. Thankfully the addition of a heron statue seems to have done the trick!
I had to go back and look and squint to see the net buy yep there it is! Glad you don't have issues anymore w/the bird. I've heard moving a statue around helps also as they get used to seeing it in one spot and don't fall for it anymore.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
What a tranquil setting! There are rocks, and then there are rocks...yours are beautiful! Only age can give them that special patina. Marie did an amazing job and the fact that you obviously love and value what she did must have given her peace at the end...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
What a tranquil setting! There are rocks, and then there are rocks...yours are beautiful! Only age can give them that special patina. Marie did an amazing job and the fact that you obviously love and value what she did must have given her peace at the end...
I feel really lucky to have met her. I hope she did feel at ease knowing we love the place. My husband wanted to hire someone to take care of the property but I was afraid they would destroy things not knowing they were there. She did lasagna gardening and added a combination of rare and native plants. I have been slowly and carefully determining what needs to be taken out, thinned, or moved. There is about 10 years of overcrowding to overcome. There have been new things popping up every season! I could not imagine letting a stranger attempt to tend it before I even know what all we have!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Marie was lucky that all of her hard work will be cherished and preserved...I think you were meant to have this property!

Ask a Question