Rabbits, lilies and pond fish problem

Reaction score
This morning I went out back to feed the fish when I noticed half of my Asiatic lilies were chewed down to practically nothing. I was wondering if anyone knows of anything that can be used to keep the rabbits from eating the rest. I know they make sprays but my problem is that they are around the edge of the pond mixed in with daylilies and I worry about sprays dripping in to the pond when it rains.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My deer ate a bunch of my asiatic lillies and since I have treated them with fish emulsion and they have not gone near them .I am guessing the smells keeps them away .

Reaction score
Sissy is that a spray and were can I find it? Thanks, also has anyone had experience with liquid fence, it says harmless on animals but not sure about fish.

Reaction score
Marsha you could try planting something else in the area that *may* keep the rabbits busy and leave the flowers alone. Oat grass maybe or parsley?
It seems the rabbits or rabbit has a taste for the lilies ,I have tones of hosta not to mention vegetables. I have a trail cam and in the pictures the rabbit heads straight to the lilies. it gets on the rocks and straight to the back for them.

Reaction score
Found fish emulsion on home depot website , think ill give it a try and keep my fingers crossed. Thanks

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I noticed half of my Asiatic lilies were chewed down to practically nothing.

Only half? hmm, usually they go for it all!
My grandma puts a chicken wire ring around hers. I haven't had rabbits get to mine yet though I did notice one by the pond today so I'll have to close off the gap between the fence and the house that it came in through.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
We have three cats who keep any mice and rats at bay in our area my duessing the mere presence of a cat in your garden will send them packing .
That way you wont have to spray your plants or worry about anything getting into the pond .
As for cats and fish , our cats look at the koi as part of their world and ours inclusive to us both and as such they know that fish is off the menu
They will even keep herons away or so I've been told :LOL:

Dave.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have tons of rabbits they don't touch the lilies, seem to eat the weeds or what ever they are eating I have enough of I can't tell what they ate.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Fish emulsion I just spray on the plants and it is also a great fertilizer for plants .You can get it at walmart also

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We have a chipmunk who digs up our asiatic lilies. Digs up the bulb, takes a few nibbles and moves on to the next. I call him Nemesis.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
We have a chipmunk who digs up our asiatic lilies. Digs up the bulb, takes a few nibbles and moves on to the next. I call him Nemesis.
Nemesis :LOL: thats a good name for a pest , just be sure he doesnt get the better of you Lisa :(
Give as good as you get with this critter :)

Dave

Ask a Question