Re-opening Pond

Reaction score
Hello all.
May will be one year since I've had my pond. It has been pretty mild here in the northeast (long island) I was wondering If I need to do a large water change when I open my pond for this season? Do I scrub the liner, and basically start from the beginning? Thanks

Peter

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
hay peter , what is your water like , i dont scrub my liner, i just net out the leaves, do you have fish, and what about a filter

Reaction score
Pictures will be forthcoming. It's about 2100gallons. I have 5 fish, 1 koi, 2 shubunkin, 1 Sarassas,, and 1 fantail. All are still alive. I have a Laguna 2100 filter with/uv sterilizer. never had an issue with green water. I have a net over the pond but it wasnt big enough, so leaves did get in. I've been using microbelift until last month. Anymore info needed?

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
it sounds like you got a real good start on your pond ,will wait for pics

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me when I should change out the bio ribbon in the waterfall tank its about 3 years old and if so what is the best type to change it to

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
peter try to flush it with pond water to clean it ,,that wont kill the good stuff.

Ask a Question