Ready to go....

Reaction score
My pond is in, water levels are good. Finished the landscaping around it tonight. Should have fish in it by the weekend. Very proud of the way it turned out.

Attachments

• Pond.jpg
    Pond.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 164

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Be sure and check all your water checks, PH,General hardness(GH) Carbonate hardness(KH) and ammonia. if anything is out of line it is best to adjust before you add the fish, Much easier to adjust, you can adjust far more quickly with no bad effects, and less stress on the fish when you go to add them. Also when adding fish, in that small of a pond just a few and don't spend a bunch on them, This is the time when they are most fragile. Once the pond cycles and establishes itself then finish adding the few really nice fish you want to compliment the pond.
BTW, It looks very nice!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Tmllres, I agree with fishin. Maybe start off with one or two small fish until it cycles. Once your water tests good you can add the rest. It will take a while to build up the beneficial bacteria that will process the fish waste, otherwise it will cause them to get diseased.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice, take your time with adding fish, the pond will need to cycle.

Ask a Question