Really starting to enjoy my fish:)

Reaction score
My pond is starting to clear up and I can finally see the fish again:fish: For awhile the water got so icky, I was afraid all my fish would die. They seem much happier and are swimming around more now:surfing:

Yesterday for the first time, my platinum ogon (the great white aka Whitey) circled around my hand and took a piece of food from me. A few of the others took food from me too and some of them sucked on my finger....this is the icing on the cake:bouncycig:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Isn't that just the neatest feeling when they really act like they like you and will come to you for their food. And being able to see them now must be exciting as all get out for ya.
Happy for you :lol:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
When I was hanging over the water fall filming my lil guys they were all nibbling on my fingers. This is their food spot, must have thought my hands were big pieces of new food!

Glad yours are warming up to you!

Reaction score
It is great that you are enjoying your fish and pond. Interacting with the fish is the best. Maybe you could start introducing different fruits or vegetables by hand. I finally tried the frozen peas. It is time consuming to take the skins off but they love the peas.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Honey Nut cheerios *
canned green beans *
english peas * (Leasure brand baby peas they eat whole straight from the can,No need to remove skin)
watermelon
white rice
whole wheat bread
lemons *
oranges *
grapefruit *
Zucchini squash
strawberries
grapes *
* favorites in my pond

be sure and remove skins and seeds,

Reaction score
My dogs will really be upset if they see me dropping all those goodies in the pond for the fish. They already think they should get some fish food:lol:

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
So do mine, I keep the honey nut cheerios in the pellet food container, I'll give the dogs one or two, they think they are getting special treatment that way! LOL

Ask a Question