Rebuilding my pond

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there guys,

I've had a pond in my garden for nearly 15 years now. However, the garden is slowly reclaiming back so it's time to think about refurbishing it. However, this time I want to have a professionally built pond made. I'm looking more towards a wildlife pond because I've had newts and frogs in this pond for many years. I am wondering if anyone to give me some examples of Of some really nice wildlife pond. Also, my budget will be up to about £5000. I'm hoping I can get something quite decent for this price.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group!
@Tiny Termite she has a nice small wild life pond.
If you hire some one make sure you explain this is a wildlife pond. You will want some water movement and filtration, not as much as for a fish pond, imho.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pond is located behind the small tree. So if I need a filter, what's the most efficient that's not going to send the electricity skyhigh. I used to run a 350 gallon aquarium containing Oscars. I had a sump filter running on that aquarium. I also had a 1000 W of heating which probably cost a fortune to run. I think the filter I had was around 50 W. I suppose there is a calculation you can use to work out how much that would cost to run for the year. My electricity bill dropped dramatically after I closed the aquarium down. I appreciate that a filter will help with the pond, but I certainly don't want my electricity bill then back to what it was.

That's why I was thinking about going for a fairly large pond with lots of different plants that would hopefully help with water quality ETC

My budget is quite healthy so I can hopefully find someone who can build me a really nice pond.

Ask a Question