Recommendation on a pond vac

Reaction score
Will be used to clean out a 12 x 17 x 2 foot pond....

Does anyone have experience with major vendor products, longevity etc....

Reaction score
Never used one, they just seem pretty spendy to me.

I'd buy a large shopvac and use that. You could add a valve to teh bottom of the canister to drain the water when it gets full.

You could also just use an inline pump, hook up a hose and suck the crud out. That would be a cheap option.

Reaction score
I have a pondvac 3 and it works great! It is pricey but worth it to me as is empties itself AS you continue vacuuming! So, no having to stop and empty it. Cuts way down on the time it takes to clean.

Reaction score
I looked it up again and noticed it is recommended for vacuuming only 2 feet deep. I use mine in 3 feet and it works fine. But if I remember, your pond, DrDave, is deeper??

Reaction score
I have a Muck Vac that runs by connecting it to a garden hose. I don't use it too often because it is kind of cumbersome. The extension hose that it comes with is not that long so after vacuuming for about 3 minutes you are walking around in a bunch of water.

Reaction score
I am not sure that it would be good on small rocks like that.... there is an attachment that looks like the one on a vacuum that goes down into or beside the cushions on a couch. It would probably keep rocks out but may get them suctioned onto it. I guess you need someone that has used it on rocks of that size.
scratchchin.gif

Ask a Question