Recommendations for fish and koi suppliers in Western Washington (Seattle-area)?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all. Learning my way around this forum. I just filled my pond with water last month. It's roughly 8' long, 4' wide and 2' deep. I am patiently doing research to add plants and fish. "Patient," as in I may wait till spring of next year and just enjoy the waterfall sound till then.

Can anyone recommendation good stores for fish and koi supplies in Western Washington (Seattle-area)? Plants as well.

Thanks,
John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1629912565725.gif
@seattlejohn
We are neighbors sorta. I have been to this one up north in Mt Vernon and I know there are others.
https://www.yardwaterfeatures.com/

https://www.yellowpages.com/seattle-wa/ponds-pond-supplies

Reaction score
Country
United States

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hey @seattlejohn I think you would like Shubunkin type goldfish as they look kinda like koi but don't get huge. You can find them at pet shops all around the area. They come in all kinds of patterns. Some have beautiful long tails!

1630101187474.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey @seattlejohn I think you would like Shubunkin type goldfish as they look kinda like koi but don't get huge. You can find them at pet shops all around the area. They come in all kinds of patterns. Some have beautiful long tails!

View attachment 142306
Thanks J.W. Yes, Shubunkins are on my research list. As are sailfin mollies, poecilia latipinna and Comet goldfish.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@seattlejohn I wouldn't think the Mollies would survive outdoors in our weather. Supposedly the fat Fantail goldfish will make it through the cold winters. Some have them in their outdoor ponds in much colder weather than we get.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all. Learning my way around this forum. I just filled my pond with water last month. It's roughly 8' long, 4' wide and 2' deep. I am patiently doing research to add plants and fish. "Patient," as in I may wait till spring of next year and just enjoy the waterfall sound till then.

Can anyone recommendation good stores for fish and koi supplies in Western Washington (Seattle-area)? Plants as well.

Thanks,
John
I have a few small 3-4" koi that are looking for homes if interested.

Ask a Question