Recommended online place to purchase koi?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Something like this? I have a small pond so used a juice bottle.

Attachments

• 2682B9B0-91D2-4A54-A76E-FCA39A5997F9.jpeg
    2682B9B0-91D2-4A54-A76E-FCA39A5997F9.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 89B18B5C-9D9D-474B-B4D2-8D4B686371B5.jpeg
    89B18B5C-9D9D-474B-B4D2-8D4B686371B5.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You have the idea but the 5 gallon has a longer neck bring the exit inside the area more toward the center of the container that way the fish swims around the outside of the bottle looking for the way out . With such a short neck they may find the exit to easily. But give it a shot who knows maybe you have the next great mouse trap

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

I would like to add a few more colorful butterfly koi (5"-8") to my pond as spring has finally arrived here in Vermont. Who do you recommend for an online source? Quality, selection, healthy (no apparent diseases), price, etc. I do not have a local source near me.

Thanks much for your time and suggestions/guidance.
Check liveaquaria divers den. They’re wysiwyg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
liveaquaria divers den
would not be on a top ten for koi imo.

THESE ARE ONES I HAVE USED THAT I WAS HAPPY WITH.
Koi market
everything koi
Kodama fish farm
champion Nishikio
usakoi
Next day koi "has shipped very thin fish to me more than once"
Sacramento koi " never used but quality fish"

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
would not be on a top ten for koi imo.

THESE ARE ONES I HAVE USED THAT I WAS HAPPY WITH.
Koi market
everything koi
Kodama fish farm
champion Nishikio
usakoi
Next day koi "has shipped very thin fish to me more than once"
Sacramento koi " never used but quality fish"
Blackwater Creek has last time I looked a koi that looks like a tiger and a koi got together, of course it costs 25k, way too much for my blood. You get the koi from kloubec koi yet, if so, hopefully they are doing well...I need to add Diamondback terrapin sites on the list of things to stay off of, I end up seeing some crazy looking terrapins that I am like I need to get that turtle it looks awesome. Then I see it costs a few grand and am like nope

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks much for all the suggestions. Greatly appreciated. About ready to order from Kloubec koi for various reasons. I've used Hanover Koi before a couple times. Have been healthy. I did have some issues on receipt, but was my fault as i found out (as i was told). Wanted to try a different koi farm with a colder climate.

Thanks again.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@Jhn I did, I got a platinum butterfly . The last one I got, got stuck in the main drain.
The new one is actually chunky definitely healthy.
Koi market where i got a half dozen also very healthy.

My issue now is some animal ripping my pond apart, every sensitive area was up rooted and tossed. has to be a racoon

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
@Jhn I did, I got a platinum butterfly . The last one I got, got stuck in the main drain.
The new one is actually chunky definitely healthy.
Koi market where i got a half dozen also very healthy.

My issue now is some animal ripping my pond apart, every sensitive area was up rooted and tossed. has to be a racoon
That is annoying as crap, guess that critters days are numbered if it keeps it up.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
THERES A GOOD THIRTY MOUSE TRAPS SET AROUND THE POND AND 5 RAT TRAPS. I DON'T HAVE THE LUXURY OF TIME AT THE MOMENT.

if its a racoon skunk or possum they will get bit but will be fine an d hopefully move on.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
THERES A GOOD THIRTY MOUSE TRAPS SET AROUND THE POND AND 5 RAT TRAPS. I DON'T HAVE THE LUXURY OF TIME AT THE MOMENT.

if its a racoon skunk or possum they will get bit but will be fine an d hopefully move on.
Yep, I imagine getting bit by one of those will do the trick.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
less than pleased with the timing aquascapes will be here in a month it took years for these mosses to grow . here's what i found this morning first two are after the third is what it use to look like minus the debris on it
20230607_171603[26547].jpg
20230607_173459[26546].jpg
20230607_173503[26545].jpg

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
less than pleased with the timing aquascapes will be here in a month it took years for these mosses to grow . here's what i found this morning first two are after the third is what it use to look like minus the debris on it View attachment 158007View attachment 158008View attachment 158009
That stinks, hopefully you can get it looking good or at least what will pass for gold before they get there.

That moss you gave me awhile back is still growing great, it makes these huge pillow pads, around the waters edge in various spots. Love the look of it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That stinks, hopefully you can get it looking good or at least what will pass for gold before they get there.

That moss you gave me awhile back is still growing great, it makes these huge pillow pads, around the waters edge in various spots. Love the look of it.
pictures share the pictures I know what your talking about but no one else does. If some got on the urn that's got to look cool

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

I would like to add a few more colorful butterfly koi (5"-8") to my pond as spring has finally arrived here in Vermont. Who do you recommend for an online source? Quality, selection, healthy (no apparent diseases), price, etc. I do not have a local source near me.

Thanks much for your time and suggestions/guidance.
What part of VT? I live in upstate NY near the border of VT and Can.

Ask a Question