Recommended Test Kit

Reaction score
Hi all,

Another question im afraid. What test kits do you guys recommend? I've read about an API Master Test kit. That is pretty expensive at £25 though:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/API-POND-CARE...m&pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item2ead204151

Is there any others I should consider? I dont want to spend too much, but I obviously want to make sure my fish stay health. I also need to know there are clear instructions included, showing what the results mean (I only wondered this, as I found posts by people ask ing how to interpret their results).

Thanks, for all the help as always :lol:

Reaction score
philljp said:
oh, fair enough. It mentions test tubes, is it hard to do?

Phil, this one is the same thing as the pond test kit and the salt water test kit for that matter ( salt water only has high range pH ). http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/API-Freshwate...m&pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item3cad2e150c
Personally I never tried the NT labs one, I sure it is good quality if Dodad is recomending it. I like the fact it has KH and GH, but it only has 30 tests each. BOTH use test tubes I'm not sure about the NT, but API uses a 2-part reagent for the ammonia test, this is important. The 1 part test will sometimes be skewed. I liked the API compared to some other brands because the color bars where easier to differenciate then others, again no experience with NT.

Whatever one you choose the main point of me even chiming in is the test tube or reagent tests are much more accurate then test strips.

Ask a Question