recording from camera

Reaction score
hi all, above the doorway to my house i have a european swallows nest, last year they reared 5chicks, so this year i have purchased a mini night vision bird box camera so i can connect to my television and watch the eggs hatch and the chicks being fed, i would also like to record this at the same time, does anybody know if i can do this with a dvd recorder ? thanks

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I hope you can figure it out so you can put the video up here to see :lol:

Reaction score
yes i will j w , just need to find out what recording equiptment i need to purchase, they dont usually arrive from africa until may, but would like to have everything ready well in advance,

Reaction score
thanks for the link addy, ime going to try and get a recorder with a hard drive also, so i can record before i decide wether to put it on cd, ir that will work, ive never used a dvd recorder before,

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
mogsie said:
thanks for the link addy, ime going to try and get a recorder with a hard drive also, so i can record before i decide wether to put it on cd, ir that will work, ive never used a dvd recorder before,

sorry meant like a dvr recorder.........still tired from just getting home late last night. Some sell a night vision camera with the dvr for like a home security system.

Reaction score
aleady have the camera, and ive found out i can record onto a dvd recorder, plus a head cam would not be any good as it needs to auto change to night vision when it starts getting dark !

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I'm looking at a camera set up they have at harbor freight and going to hook it up to my puter too .I just need the time to get it as my time is taken up with this pond and buying another house and all the spring work I have to get done on this property .There prices are good and I already have a night vision one for the property and it works great and was cheap too .I have had that almost 2 years and no problems yet .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
I got an Audubon camera/recorder for Christmas, it automatically goes to night mode. Waiting for pics. They are saved to SD card.

It does stills and video and starts by motion.

Ask a Question