red and yellow visitors, love them!

Julia

My pond w/ tong,buyog,snow,skai,bubbles&ela
Reaction score
20120630_092725.jpg Red dragonfly. There about 4 of them hovering around in the morning.
20120630_092434.jpg Yellow dragonfly. Just one.
Think the reds dont like the yellow guy. I wonder if dragonflies are territorial hmmm.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow those are really pretty ones! I notice when I have two at my pond that they dive bomb each other sometimes :razz:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very pretty dragon flies!

from the net:
Male dragonflies are territorial. While waiting for females, they will chase off other males that enter their territory. Some species "time share." A male will occupy a territory for 20 minutes or so, and then move on to feed, allowing another male to use the territory for a short period.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
I had some around my pond this weekend... didnt have my camera on me, and my phone couldn't zoom well enough to get a picture, they were black with white stripes... pretty neat looking ones, never seen any like them before. Usually I get blue ones around. just searched the net, found a picture of them 3698388625_e0a2034697_z1.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's a very pretty one also 99...........gosh I sure do love dragonflies. I only see the blue or greenish ones here so far and might have seen a reddish one.

Julia

My pond w/ tong,buyog,snow,skai,bubbles&ela
Reaction score
So males are territorial. That explains a lot of things.
My kois are very active when these guys are around. They sure can see the flying ones!

Ask a Question