Red bump under skin and all fish seem to be lazy

Reaction score
Can some please help me out dont know what this is and just appeared today and 5 of the fish seem to be all together by the waterfall and not swimming around unless when i try to catch them my water had gotten quite dirty from a new plant i had just put in i rinsed all the dirt off but i guess not all of it

Attachments

• IMG-20120721-00018.jpg
    IMG-20120721-00018.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 332

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
did you test your water? if so what are the results, almost sounds like they are looking for air.

Reaction score
so my water turn some nice green here so went out and got a uv to clear it up hard to see what there doing. That night though thye were all happy and swimming and chasing each other like nothing was wrong. I tested my water that afternoon ph was 8.0 nitrite was 0 and ammonia was at .25 and was all the same this evening and has all been the same for the last three weeks. I have water hycnths in the up pond filter before water fall that are all turning brown and what ever new leaves that grow turn brown with in a coupl of days thinking of removing them and see what happends

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
all by the waterfall is a good sign the fish are in distress. The bump at this point doesn't appear to bad. my first concern would be water quailty issue. many times small bumps or red spots will clear on their own if the fish is healthy and the water is really good. From all the signs you have posted. something is not right. How hot is the temp.? How old is your test kits? have you checked other parameters? Nitrite, Gh, KH,? have you tried adding any salt? If so how much? when is the last time a water change was done on this pond?

Ask a Question