Red spots are spreading on Koi W Pics HELP?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They look like freckles to me .My fish had something similar before they started changing color .They went from white to gold and white .I zoomed in but could still not tell

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
there really is no way to tell from that photograph what is causing them, too many factors that need to be looked at and even then to properly identify what it is it really should be checked under a microscope. You could try removing it to a hospital tank and treating it with a good general antibiotic and salt bath but that's about the best treatment not knowing exactly what it is your treating.

Reaction score
The spots are orange and no they don't seem to be sores. There are no flaking of scales or even noticeable damage to the fish. I think you guys are right. And i feel it's not dangerous as the fish is still acting quite normally. Very friendly.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
That's very possible that scales are changing in coloration. Just watch them very cloesly,

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I just went out to look at a few of my yellow Koi that i had noticed orange spots on earlier this summer
I haven't paid much attention to it till now, but its just the orange filling in as the fish grows

Ask a Question