Red spots on fish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! Wonder if someone could help me… I’ve noticed my yellow koi has developed red spots over his face. Another 1 or 2 of my goldfish also have red marks on them. I’ve attached a photo to show what it looks like.

What could it be and does it require some form of treatment? I have treated the pond 48hrs ago using Cloverleaf Answer for the blanketweed but I’m not sure if the red marks were there before or have developed since or are completely unrelated?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• IMG_2021.jpeg
    IMG_2021.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2024.jpeg
    IMG_2024.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2027.jpeg
    IMG_2027.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 11
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
The first thing to check is your water levels of pH, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate, in case those are burns from a change in water quality. I googled the product you used but the ingredients are not listed. Honestly, it sounds too good to be true, but I’m not a big fan of water additives. Please let us know what the water test results are.

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your issues. Water tests and any other information regarding your pond would be helpful-size of pond and fish, stocking levels, filtration. If not a side effect from the chemical, direct or indirectly, many health issues arise due to water quality issues. Possibly septicemia? https://aquariumscience.org/index.php/10-3-6-red-blotches/

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
hello5.gif
and welcome @Rhys91
Sorry to hear about your fish. I'm no disease expert. Hope you can supply more info so someone might help you better.

Ask a Question