Free Red, Yellow and Pink Lilies

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I know it's a long shot, but I split my lilies a couple days ago and none of my usual locals want the extra growing points. Looking for local pickup really but if you want to pay the shipping and take a chance with my limited experience shipping plants, I will consider it too. I will be listing on craigslist too so local pickup here gets first dibs then criagslist and lastly will be shipped. Yellows I was given by a friend so I don't have a name for them but they have speckled pads and flower freely, medium size spread. Reds are Escarboucle (Aflame). Pinks are Mayla.

Yellows are bottom. Pinks r top right corner, Reds are just to the left of the pinks (not much there, definitely my least vigorous variety) and the all the way left is peaches which are not included.
IMG_2652.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
darn and I am going up to nj next month to visit my son in Woodbridge NJ

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
darn and I am going up to nj next month to visit my son in Woodbridge NJ
Bummer. Sorry they were starting to grow and the water was 63F so I got my butt in there ASAP. :) It is usually 50-55 when I go in, that's my limit. lol

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I had a momentary moment of "what the HECK?!" when I thought this was a picture you took yesterday in NJ! ... then I realized. haha!

@addy1 has shipped her share of pond plants successfully - the ones she sent me were just wrapped in damp newspaper and in a plastic bag. They did great! As long as you can keep them from drying out they should ship just fine.

Hope you find some takers - I'm in the same boat. Have too many and can't bear to toss them!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I offer them up in the small po priority box, cost around 5.80 You can fit a few small lilies in the box. If they want more than a medium po box, cost around 13 or so
I just put them in a box in a plastic bag with a bit of moisture.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Correction! I believe I have Pink (Mayla), Yellow and Peach (Peaches and Cream, changeable). No red (aflame). The Peach one gets big flowers that change color slightly day to day (day 1 to day 3 of blooming). Flowers usually stick out above water and it has a med-large spread.

I offer them up in the small po priority box, cost around 5.80 You can fit a few small lilies in the box. If they want more than a medium po box, cost around 13 or so
I just put them in a box in a plastic bag with a bit of moisture.
Thanks addy! I don't think most of mine would fit in the small boxes though, maybe the absolute smallest ones but most are quite sizable with growing point, bit of tuber and a bit of roots. For anything more than 1 I would definitely need a medium box (FYI to anyone who wants them shipped).

Sending a PM @PossumsDad

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Do you have any pink lilies left. I have a 700 gallon pond with 3 pots of yellow lilies. Would be nice to have some dark colors. I just need enough to get started in a single pot.

I'm just wondering can you put two different kinds of them in the same pot? Put the peaches and cream & the pinks in the same pot? would that work?

Either way I would be grateful for anything that you can ship in a small box.

Thanks

Phil

P.S. Also sent this as a PM..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
PM sent PossumsDad. For anyone else looking, No I would not suggest putting 2 different varieties in the same pot.

Any other takers? Hoping to ship tomorrow. If no one else wants any I will stuff em all into a box for another member who PM'd me. @sissy I am shipping now, want some?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'm just wondering can you put two different kinds of them in the same pot? Put the peaches and cream & the pinks in the same pot? would that work?
I have done it by accident, they do fine, but if one grows more then the other it can take over the pot. Try and then change if it does not work.

I have some pink and white in one pot at this time. Never get around to separating them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I have done it by accident, they do fine, but if one grows more then the other it can take over the pot. Try and then change if it does not work.

I have some pink and white in one pot at this time. Never get around to separating them.

Thank you for your reply. I was just wondering if it was possible. I've never tried it..

Phil

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I am about to lose it! After hours of cleaning and trimming lilies and fighting with my printer I am stuck! I can't get it to print correctly, I think the ink carts are dried out, yes I've tried ALL the troubleshooting steps. So now I've already paid for one label (which is $1.15 more than it used to so I am out that money now unless I ask the buyers to now give me more money for my own oversight), can't print it unless I go get my printer fixed/buy more ink (more money spent) and I can't even find where it used to say "void label" to get my money back (again yes I've searched everywhere and even paypal's help topic on it says to click things that aren't there) to give the buyer their money back. So I;'d have to refund them out on pocket and wait for my refund from paypal, after I call them and deal with that nonsense. HENCE why I didn't want to ship. lol This is how things always go for me. :(

It's already costed me more time, effort and money then giving stuff away should so do I continue on or give up? Don't even know how to continue forward at this point though.

@PossumsDad @cas @Riftlake I am working on something guys. I'll keep you updated

Edit: Actually I think It used to be $6.80 for shipping, which I always rounded to $7 for ease and cover supplies and I just took addy's most likely mis-type of $5.80 as correct without checking it myself so basically I messed that all up. I charged the wrong amt in 2 different ways, omg, I'm having a bad day. lol w/ a few tears

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I contacted paypal, got my money back and refunded everyone's money. SO VERY sorry for all this mess, I tried to make it work but everything went against me, things I didn't even list.

Ask a Question