Reluctant pond owner

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I bought a house with a koi pond. It's lovely, but it's not right for me. I worry about the health of the fish and I'm not eager to spend money on maintenance.

I'm going to poke around on the forums to see if there's any advice for people like me, who want to rehome the fish and close their ponds. Pointers welcome.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
welcome-wagon.gif

Where do you live?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Craigslist might be you best bet. Post you are closing down the pond, have fish, equipment etc available.

Then order a huge truckload of dirt!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Check with garden centers and post it with them .I know there are pond stores near you check with them .Any place you can post an ad for them on a message board will help .I know your area and visited it several times and it is just a beautiful area .It is a pretty town nested among the mountains .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
but it's not right for me.

BUT HOW DO YOU KNOW?!? haha! There's a saying that goes "everyone needs a pond.. they just don't know it yet!" Post a picture of your new pond and we'll work on convincing you that it really is JUST WHAT YOU NEED!

Just kidding... but I really would like to see it! And good luck with your re-homing... you are a kind soul to be concerned with finding the fish a good home.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Can you post pic of your fish? My MIL is in the mountain too, close to Asheville.

Are you sure they are Koi?

Ask a Question