Removing uvc light for tank cycling. Help!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Good morning!

The good folks at Laguna are closed Saturdays, so I'm hoping you can answer my question. My 500 gallon stock tank is finally all set up and ready to be filled with water. I was advised to disconnect the uvc light for the first 2 weeks of cycling. I have a Laguna Pressure Filter 1000 and can't figure out if I should remove the whole quartz sleeve along with the actual lamp. I've read the instructions numerous time and can't find an answer.

You folks have answered so many questions the last few months and I really appreciate your help! Kim

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I don’t know how UV/filters are set up, but isn’t there a switch or something that lets you bypass or turn off the UV?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Any pressure filter that I've ever owned had no internal pump. The filter might have come with a pump, but the pump was always separate from the canister. The cord on the canister was strictly for the UV light. Just don't plug the cord in.
Is this not the case?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Now I feel stupid! LOL! :unsure: Thanks for explaining what should have been obvious to me. I'm not good with anything electrical.

As usual, you folks came through for me! :love::love: Thanks and have a wonderful weekend! Kim :spitoutdummy:
nellieil.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
No problem. There are no "dumb" questions. You won't find anyone with that attitude here. We are here to help others.
So, if there's anything else, now or later, don't hesitate to ask.
Meanwhile, look around these forums. They are very informative. There are a lot of people with great ideas and experiences.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
No problem. There are no "dumb" questions. You won't find anyone with that attitude here. We are here to help others.
So, if there's anything else, now or later, don't hesitate to ask.
Meanwhile, look around these forums. They are very informative. There are a lot of people with great ideas and experiences.

Thanks Joe!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Now I feel stupid! LOL! :unsure: Thanks for explaining what should have been obvious to me. I'm not good with anything electrical.

As usual, you folks came through for me! :love::love: Thanks and have a wonderful weekend! Kim :spitoutdummy:View attachment 130775
No need to feel stupid! Been doing ponds for 30 years and made some major mess-ups! It's all a learning experience.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Still stupid here. i built my pond and im not there to enjoy it

Ask a Question