Renovated pond algae problem

Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
So we renovated pond this year, and on sunny side i have big problems with algaes... Any info on how to "easily" remove them? Or any tips?

Here are pictures:
20170601_161025 (1).jpg 20170601_161027.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
More plants. And patience.

A few questions - how big is your pond? Do you have fish and if so, how many and what kind?

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Parameters of your pond? could be overstocking causing the algae with excess ammonia, nitrites & nitrates

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
more aeration ,if you read up on it you will find an aerator is your best friend and maybe a uv if really needed

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
From what I can see in the photos, you have a healthy periphyton growth. This should be left alone as it is: the foundation of the aquatic food chain, a source of Oxygen and a remover of pollutants and toxins from the water column.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A, we are also very windy
Country
United States
More aeration and more plants should do it, but you're not bad. A pond will not be sterile clean like a swimming pool. Algae is good fish food with lots of vitamins in it, I bet if you cut back on fish food for a while, the fish would eat it up.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Welcome back! I don't think we've heard from you in a while! I agree with what everyone else has said. Just be sure that you're not overfeeding the fish, since it's the extra nutrients in the water which is the main cause of excess algae.

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
was this a pointless post or did the OP just never feel the need to reply to a question of which he received multiple answers and further questions from?

Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
Okay here i am back :) So was on vacation and the problem got even worse, so yesterday i emptied half of water and cleaned stones. Now i am cleaning filter every day (only top sponge) and hope it will be okay.

My grandmother is feeding fishes, and i think this was a problem too, now i told her to go easy with food.

Ask a Question