Repeat messages inside of messages.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
First of all, I love the Forum and the information potential it has.
However;
Why do we see comments over and over and over again. Is it people making this happen or the way the Forum is programmed. Having to sort through repeat messages inside of messages is annoying and takes up a lot time and space.

On The BBQG (Barbeques Galore) Forum, we have the option of using a quote on the message we are responding to, but it doesn't bring everybody elses comments with it.

I have been a Forum user since 1999 and this is the first one I have been on that seems to have this redundancy of messages.

Is it the "Quote message in Reply" box and folks checking it causing this? If so, why is it bringing all the others with it?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
No it's people clicking the "Quote message in Reply" which makes a mess of everything. It takes time to sort out the new message from all the repeat messages. This is the only Forum I have seen this on and for some reason a lot of folks feel a need to requote stuff over and over and over again.:banghead3:

All the messages are clean if they just hit reply and nothing else.:twocents:

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
No you are fine.

This is a 4 year old message, and I was venting out of frustration.

The old forum had a different format (almost like a DOS file) and a lot of people who did not know how to post. Everyone was quoting every message. In the old format, it became a challenge to just read it and figure out which message was ahead of the other.

Todays issue is a person who insists on posting messages to themselves up to 5 times in a single thread. It doesn't seem to sink in when I offer suggestions to them either.

Ask a Question