replacement camera

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EKKR8EC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
So, my Aquascape camera finally failed. It has a 60' cord and the insulation is a tape wrap. The whole 60' failed and the camera has stopped working. I found this camera on Amazon. I'm taking a chance as the company admits they get the cameras from elsewhere and then redo them. They have a R68 rating so should be good for long term use. We will see. Camera is extremely heavy so will have to glue pvc fittings that are used to hold camera. It has a dimmer switch for the leds. Thats going to require additional weather protection. Will post updates as I get it installed, which may be a few days. Back and shoulder both out this morning. Should never have picked up that mop!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I'll eagerly await your report! We almost bought the Aquascape cameras and then they pulled them off the market - I think lots of problems like you described. So we're still looking! It's something I definitely plan to add one of these days!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have the new camera in the same holder I used for the other camera- 2"pvc with 1"T. This has a 24" pole that I use to hang the camera over the side of the pond. I sealed the dimmer control and BNC & power cable inside a container that is used to house electrical connections outdoors. It powered right up.
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol I bit the bullet and ordered one! Didn't wait to hear how yours worked. Glad it worked as advertised!
I like the thought of no dvr running and it just feeding to a TV screen. I will get our little tv set up for it and have a constant view again. Biggest issue I have is the length of wires I need to run to the pond to feed something in the house.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I might do that, but might just put it on a screen. I have 4 cams I need to go and tweak the lines, even with the lines in pvc I think a critter did some munching, they went black.

I have a older q-see that I can dedicate to the pond view. Or fed right into a dedicated TV. It will be a project, next week, maybe.

Yeah 100-150 feet of cable.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Cables seem to hold up well if not messed with. Some of ours are 4 years old. Once you start unplugging them, the connections start to fail.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Cables seem to hold up well if not messed with. Some of ours are 4 years old. Once you start unplugging them, the connections start to fail.
I usually run them and ignore, these cams just quit. I have replace the cameras, but no good. I have not had the time to run new cables. On my list!

Sometimes the BNC connectors get dirty, wet, whatever and I can get the working again by cleaning. I have also rebent them so the grab better. I keep debating getting the ethernet cams. But I have a lot of money tied up in the system, cams, ptz cams etc.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well my cam came. It is great. I have it stuck in the 1000 gallon pond, the fish don't hang around the cam a lot. I need to position it a bit differently.

I filmed it off the tv screen.

Ask a Question