rescue fish from westminster maryland

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
the long fins can tire the fish down, the warm water also can have some effect as well. this is really not that abnormal with fancier finned breeds. My Big Ryukin does this quite often, he'll just sit on the bottom and look like something is wrong until I head toward the tank, then he comes straight up and everyone else follows. I see this more on the fish in the tank than the pond but then again the only fancy finned fish in the pond are the butterfly koi, and they rarely ever sit still. Unless VERY COLD!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
the long fins can tire the fish down, the warm water also can have some effect as well. this is really not that abnormal with fancier finned breeds. My Big Ryukin does this quite often, he'll just sit on the bottom and look like something is wrong until I head toward the tank, then he comes straight up and everyone else follows. I see this more on the fish in the tank than the pond but then again the only fancy finned fish in the pond are the butterfly koi, and they rarely ever sit still. Unless VERY COLD!

thanks fishin, so I won't worry about them. They lay so still you think they possibly died! The new guys are still slow about eating, the one large white long fin eats like a hog though.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
addy I see that one big white one flying like mad wherever it goes in your pond. When you throw food in they sure do swarm in for it all.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The large white one with the long fins settled in the quickest, and very easy to see lol. It loves to cruise, think it loves the extra room it now has.

Glad you are enjoying the show! You were watching right when I threw in some food.............

They do swarm once they see me, they now know I mean food. The little ones come first then the large ones quickly follow.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I saw the food flying in and so looked for you in the other shot and there you were admiring the fish. Was trying to get your attention.................ha ha but guess you didn't hear me
giggle.gif

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I saw the food flying in and so looked for you in the other shot and there you were admiring the fish. Was trying to get your attention.................ha ha but guess you didn't hear me
giggle.gif

lmao thought I felt eyes burning into my back! Yell louder next time!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Ok, ladies, I surely have missed something here .... or are you two just doing your normal bantering? :) Addy, do you have a live feed of your pond somewhere that I have missed?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ok, ladies, I surely have missed something here .... or are you two just doing your normal bantering? :) Addy, do you have a live feed of your pond somewhere that I have missed?

lol country, jw is my test bunny, we have set up a live feed. She watches my pond from washington.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Well that is really neat! My sisters were entranced at the live feed on the internet of an eagle's nest, watched the eggs hatch, babies grow, parents feeding them. Really interesting! Can't wait for you to share you "feed"! :) I can yell really loud, I'm SURE you would hear me! LOL

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We will when we are done setting it up. Still working out the tweaks lol

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Ok, I'm going off topic just a wee bit here but country mentioning the live feed. I have a buddy of mine that has live feed on his deer feeder in Wisconsin. I can click on it and view it 24 hours a day. If it wasn't so costly I would love to set one up on my pond, would be cool to see one set up where you can check in. Like Cliffs and Joann's I could watch that one for hours. :)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ok, I'm going off topic just a wee bit here but country mentioning the live feed. I have a buddy of mine that has live feed on his deer feeder in Wisconsin. I can click on it and view it 24 hours a day. If it wasn't so costly I would love to set one up on my pond, would be cool to see one set up where you can check in. Like Cliffs and Joann's I could watch that one for hours. :)

nah you are not going off topic, it is all involved in the new fish, my pond and our feed lol

Reaction score
I've been thinking about setting up one on mine (more for me than anyone else). That way I can check on it. If you need any help with your beta testing, let me know.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Computerguy if you do go about setting one up, I would really like to see some instructions on how to do it for us not so techy people.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I've been thinking about setting up one on mine (more for me than anyone else). That way I can check on it. If you need any help with your beta testing, let me know.

well at this moment jw can see 3 different views of our pond............she has been a great test buddy.
right now night vision showing glowing eyes of the fish lol

i like being able to sit here, and just glace at our pond tv and see the fish, see if a heron has flown in see the deer eating the apples.......... so much fun. I have it set to record any activity more than fish swimming.

Computerguy if you do go about setting one up, I would really like to see some instructions on how to do it for us not so techy people.

We set ours up mainly so when out of town I can watch my fishy kids! also if I saw something going wrong, I could call our neighbors that watch our pup for pond help.

will, soon, post how to get on if anybody is interested in seeing my kids live. I need to fix the security levels, she is an admin so can do what ever she pleases.

Ask a Question