Rescued... (again) :)

Reaction score
This almost seems a little redundant since my other rescue post, but here goes.

I went out to check on the pond this morning before I left for work, now part of my daily routine since the fish were added and I see that one of the fish died and floated up on to a rock with about a half inch of water on it. its head was actually under a rock ledge. So once again I can't believe a fish just died, one of the koi this time, and go to grab the tail of it to remove it. It moves! and of course I'm like, Yes! its alive. every time I go to touch it, it actually moves forward a little, because its scales are preventing it from being able to back out of where it was all it could do was go forward. It was on its side on top of this rock with about 2/3 of itself out of water. I moved it back into the pond ok and its fine now.

I had actually seen a couple of the koi do something similar where they are half out of the water looking for food ontop of the rocks and I was always amazed that they would do something like that, which to me seemed pretty risky for them. but they always managed to get back into the pond. This koi just ended up in place where it couldn't wiggle backward and got stuck. but it sure did look like it was dead when I came up on it. not sure how long it was there overnight, but it probably would not have lasted the day like that.

Well anyways, just another weird fish story, I guess.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are going to call you fish rescuer! So glad you found it in time.

Ask a Question