Rescued...

Reaction score
Had to put a quick post here to tell of my goldfish rescue.
I usually check on the pond every morning before I leave for work, and this morning I found one of the Goldfish on the ground about 3 foot from the edge of the pond. I was disappointed to see that an animal got it and left it for dead. there were ants starting to circle it, and I was looking around to see if there were any others. Then I looked closer at it and didn't see any cuts in it or punctures and thought what would have done that? Then I seen the gills move!, I was like Yes its still alive, I picked it up and put back in the pond where it stayed in same place for a about 5 minutes and then joined the other fish.
The only explanation I could think of is that it jumped out of the pond and then 'flopped' a good distance away from the edge.
Has anyone ever had their fish jump out of the pond?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
There have been posts on here about fish jumping out of ponds, crazy fish. A lot of koi do that when introduced to a new pond. Glad you found yours in time!

Guess they think the water is bluer somewhere else lol

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had one jump out and only fish I ever lost but sad to say I was to late .If I had gone out early like I usually do maybe then I could have saved him .You were lucky yu went out and found him before he did die .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Glad you found it P.P! Maybe he saw a really good looking bug fly by and just had to make the leap for it. Now just hope he doesn't do it again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
My fish jump all the time. Sometimes quite high. Always amazes me. Thankfully I have not found any jumping out of the pond. I do have a brick edge around the pond. This makes it a little higher, so maybe they aren't jumping high enough.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine would really have to jump to get out, have high side all around, slope building makes it that way

Ask a Question