j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep we had that forum upgrade and maybe some got deleted or lost somehow?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
We have a 1930's housewives encyclopedia in it, it states that Cannabis is a hardy annual that grows in the garden.
So somewhere along the line our governments have made it illegal deneighing thousands of pain sufferes like myself one of the best pain killers known to man., we also use hemp oil rubbed into our joints.
We are forced to break the law , I will put my hand up to it I smoke it for pain purposes as does Val, sometimes the Morphine doesnt cut it.
The governments are affraid of what the dont understand and that is freedom of choice, it is non addictive dont believe the bull they put out about it,
They paniced in the 1960's with the era of the hippies and dont know how to back down from their stance on it.
Yes people get addictied to other drugs but thats their choice, cannabis doesnt lead them on to it, they do it themselves
People also get addicted to drink, along with ciggerettes ( the governments cash cows) they do more damage per year than any other drug, more die from alcohol than people using heroin, (and that is a fact).!!!!!......
I used to be a probation volunteer worker and that is what I learned in a drugs lecture we had

rgrds

Dave

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Yes, that's right Dave, pot does not lead to other drugs, cause alcohol makes people so drunk and stupid and that leads to bad things. I never ever touched any drug, not even pharmaceutical drugs! I rarely even drink, and if I do, it is just half a glass of wine before bed. Yes I may have smoked pot since I was 16, but that is all, never did any other drug and thank God I never became alcoholic like my dad! Pot helps my eyes, my arthritis, and I wish my hubby would have tried the medical marijuana instead of the liquid morphine!! But at least he seems to have finally quit the morhine, cause he loves the alcohol more!! One evil for another ....
Oh well at least he is happy and the doctors office called today and the cat scan test all came back with no cancer, thank God!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh thank goodness for that at least thats a weight off your mind. I try to be very careful with the morphine and m keeping it at 89 mg per day but eventually you have to go up and up , Liquid mophine I'll be trying to avoi for as long as I can but its aways a down hill slide til the prescribe the liquid .
I hate it when we go to the chemista nd a junkie comes in for his Methadone script , I'm affraid one day they are going to click on to whats in my monthly medication (would you believe it fills what would be a shopping bag but Boots own) these people arent daft .
Think of it , the only difference between us is I get my medication legally they dont., so it would be nothing for them to wait for me to come out of the chemist follow me then mug me.
With two sticks there isnt much I can defend my self with apart from my sticks if I over ballence thats me on the floor and them away with a hoard of drugs .
I take 12 different tablets in the morning and 15 at night. (yup I rattle when I walk) , there are two types of powerful nerve drug , epileptic drugs again for nerves and numerous pain tablets and diabetic drugs asprin plus others to help me sleep ( not sleepers)..
I recon they could have a lot of fun with all those dont you.
And the give away because its morphine you have to sign for them twice.
Alcohol well there was a lady who's liver went duff on just two glasses a day everyday in the news recently after her transplant she warned others to be careful in the mount they put into a glass ( thays were she went wrong) large glasses.....
rgrds
Dave

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My husband was on methadone for pain management, that is what ended his life. The methadone started to be retained in his system, he ended with a accidental od, the ME said that is very common with methadone, even taking it exactly as prescribed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
We had a sad case two years ago where a former Royal Navy sailor went up through al the pain killers and finally ended up on Methadone himelf.
Here junkie or not all Methadone is appearetly handed out at the chemist, this made him so ashamed as he thought he would be seen as a junkie that he ended up taking his own llife .
So very sad my heart goes out to you addy and to the dead servicemans family
rgrds
Dave

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Methadone worked better than any other drug he was on and he was on a ton in 18 yrs of fighting pain. The year before he passed the FDA put out warnings about it. I do not know if the pain management doctor warned him or not.

Reaction score
I have two unusual updates here.
#1-My health has been up and down for a decade with two lengthy stays in bed. About two years ago I began to move beyond prescription Rx for pain and the only way I did this was via the cannabis route. I believe I talked of this. Well, things haven;t eased up. During the most drastic surgery I was infected (op table) my immune system called it quits. I won't go into details but it sucks.
Instead of becoming a hapless victim of demon-weed I used the stuff to keep my activities going. Regardless of my problems, each morning I use the med to get me beyond the place where I want to feel sorry for myself. My brain has become alive again. I'm not only doing things I used to do, like repair antique radios, but I've pushed my woodworking to some heights I didn't think I could ever get to. (see pics)
http://s1257.beta.photobucket.com/user/Tonym198/media/Deusy2050_zps86b22845.jpg.html?sort=3&o=6
In my thinking if only one person out of a hundred finds what I did with it it's worth having a few stoners vegging in front of the tube. They'd be there anyways, just using something different. It's a wonderful medicine.
update #2-
I claimed to Know Rick Simpson. I don't. I won't go into the details but there is a similarity here in my state that is uncanny. I realized it when I saw the pic and then spent a little more time looking at details. The law still messes with people on this here, especially at the supply level, so that's all on that issue except to say except for two letters in the first name we have the same angel here in Oregon.
The Deusenberg is my latest project and yes, I'm pretty happy with it (one of four). Without cannabis this is not here.
TM

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Tony good to hear your back to woodworking and a fine job of it too!
I will have to monitor my husbands morhine use, he does not use it for many days sometimes, but if the pain comes back on his new mouth area, he just uses a very little bit directly on the sore parts and the pain goes away instantly. He does not do much, lots of days he has nothing but a beer (his first love) ha ha ha. The doctor wanted to give him all kinds of different drugs but he said no, thank goodness! I do no drugs but the odd big joint, helps big time with my eyes and arthritis, and it helps me get going in the yard too!! Some days I get quite stiff and sore, but a little puff and everything all better for me. Helps me sleep good too! :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Tony that is a beautiful work of art you built! So glad to hear you are feeling better and that the cannabis is helping you. I hear it is helping a lot of people and hope someday the medical world will let it out how much it really does help. This world is not here just so that everyone can make a quick buck. People should be able to live as good a life as they can and be able to choose alternate ways of healing and not have to suffer w/ horrid unnecessary chemical treatments if they don't want to. I hope you continue to get better and better as time goes by and thank you to that wonderful angel that helps people in Oregon!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is beautiful! I think cannabis will eventually be accepted as a medicine. There are a bunch of worse dangerous drugs out there, they should be going after instead of cannabis.

Ask a Question