addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My little Missy, my companion, my love has passed.

She was, by sight, by actions, perfectly healthy, 18 hours later she was gone. A massive unknown lung cancer started bleeding, we had her put down while under general anesthesia.

Missy joined my life when she was found by friends in the arizona desert. They knew I had 4 other yorkies and brought her to us. My late husband named her Missy, she joined the family. The others passed the same year my husband passed.

I joined a family chat room, used her name, Missy, as mine, my honey to be, chatted with me, because his dogs name was Missy. That was the beginning of the next stage of my life. Moving across county, getting married, to be so happy, so content with my life, brought on by this lil pup.

My new honey to be, found out love me love my pup. She quickly became one of his best friends, traveled with us everywhere. Her favorite spot head on his knee.

DSC00598-1.jpg

Ran on the beach in florida just a few months ago.

The two loves of my life

While I worked outside she guarded over me, watching from the windows.

missy.jpg

She knew how to be comfortable

DSC01203.jpg

DSC00494.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

Boy she could sneak in those nose licks

noselick.jpg

lovemydad.jpg

She would dig to china for those moles that walked out of the hole right next to her

DSC00642.jpg

DSC00641.jpg

They gave us her foot print........

DSC05404.jpg

I have never had a pup that could communicate like she did, with a sniff, a look at what she wanted or her favorite she would stare at me until I went and did what she wanted. If I moved to not see her staring she would move until she could see my eyes and keep staring, eventually I gave up. She was always so excited when I did. It was a game between us, who could last longer, believe me she could stare me down.

Our hearts are broken, we miss her terribly, we gave her the best life we could.

Reaction score
Ohhh, I am so sorry for your loss, but she was obviously a very special little gal. Grateful she passed as she did. I watched one of my sweeties go down from cancer, and if I could do it all over, would have put her down as soon as the symptoms started coming back, instead of waiting to try to treat again.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
So sorry for your loss, Addy. It's always sad to lose a good friend.
John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh no addy so sorry and I guess she is now seeing her daddy who she protected and missed so much after he left her .So so sorry .She is now sitting in his lap of love again :sad:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
addy I feel so bad for you as I know how much you loved your little girl Missy. Please know that I am thinking about you and know what you are going through. It takes time but you will feel better eventually. Rest in peace sweet puppy. My Zeke dog might be up there playing ball w/her right now. I hope to see him again if it's allowed up there.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Chris, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Husband, my deepest condolences to Missy. You know what I have been through lately and I honestly feel the pain in my heart as I read your post. We give them our love and that's really all they really ask for out of us. Missy has Endy, China, and Cocoa to keep her company. Wish I could type something to ease the pain, but that's something only time can do. For us having another dog to give attention to has helped greatly, and Drake has fallen right in and is becoming almost as spoiled as our girls were.
Your are in my thoughts and I'm sincerely sorry for your loss.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thank you all for your thoughts, the pain is deep. We just lost both his parents, the loss of her sent us over an edge that is hard to describe.

We are blessed, she went quick, we had a vet tell us very honestly her chances. A massive tumor behind her heart.
We are blessed, she was healthy until that day, no indication of problems. The vet said even if found earlier there was no treatment for it. We are blessed we knew nothing about it.

She ran the yard with me 3 times the day before, ate like a little pig, bossed me around. She had a good life until the end.

pond maven

Deede
Reaction score
Country
United States
So sorry Chris. She was a sweetie. When we had to decide about our golden with massive liver cancer the vet told us "better a week too soon, than the suffering a day late would cause." Up until the final day, she was loosing weight and barely moved except for potty breaks. It was very difficult because she ate like a pig and bounded down the stairs the day we took her in. But she was suffering and I still get teary after almost 10 years.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh goodness I'm so sorry to hear that Addy, we all know how much you loved her. Like you say, she had a fantastic life right up to the end and at least she didn't suffer :( Thinking of you both xxxx

Ask a Question