RIP Tex

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
My pride and joy Gin Rin Matsukawabaka Tex that I got from the Dallas Koi show last year Got caught between the rock wall and the roots of one of my potted plants. We though possibly a predator got him then last night I got in the pond to move a few rock and move some lilies to deeper water and found him. So sad, I really liked him and at 15" was one of my bigger Koi. so to tribute- RIP Tex, You brought enjoyment while you were with us.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 281
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 300
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 313
  • 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 327
  • koi and pond pics 117.JPG
    koi and pond pics 117.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 326
  • koi and pond pics 114.JPG
    koi and pond pics 114.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 303

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Thanks everyone. I keep wondering though why is it that it always happens to your favorites?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
So sorry fishin. You're right about it happening to the favorites, my favorite goldfish died this winter and I cried like a baby.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
sorry to hear and it happens no stopping it ,just like jumping out

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
They say bad things come in three's. Well for me I guess it's true. First we lost our Pancake tortoise, Not a BIG shock, we think it may have been sick or old when we got him but it still makes me extremely sad when one of the animals in my care passes away. Then last week Tex, passed away. Then last night our 6 year old chocolate Lab. Johnny B got hit by a car. We went to put them in there pen for the night and he didn't show up when we called. Not like him at all, he's usually right there at the door waiting for bed. I had to get on the 4-wheeler and go looking for him. I found him at 10:30 and also found a very large water moccasin that had been hit about 8 feet away. I don't know if he was trying to keep it away or what was going on but he was still breathing and I could tell he was hurt pretty bad. The closest trama unit for animals was 45 minutes away ( Well 25 minutes away when your driving in excess of 100mph.) I got him there along with 3 state troopers. The state police allowed me to bring him inside and talked to me for about 30 minutes. They were really nice, they let me go with no ticket ( Clocked at 116mph) and sat with me and the wife until after 2am. At 3:35 the Dr. came out and told us they were giving him CPR, they revived him, but at 4:05 they lost him again and this time he was gone for good. Been a very sad day, week, month for sure. I'm angry one minute and crying the next. It's so hard! It happens but when you treat them like your kids and spoil them and they become as smart as Johnny man you miss them so much more. We bought the property because we wanted a safer place to raise our animals, A pond for Johnny B to fetch and swim in, Now I can't help but wonder , Was it really worth it? RIP JOHNNY B! YOU WILL BE MISSED! We love you man.

Attachments

• Tank and pond shots 014.JPG
    Tank and pond shots 014.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 242
  • Tank and pond shots 015.JPG
    Tank and pond shots 015.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 245
  • Tank and pond shots 034.JPG
    Tank and pond shots 034.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 244

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh man Larkin that is very sad news! I feel bad for you and your family. Hope things get better for you at your new place and no more of this bad stuff! RIP Johnny!

Ask a Question