RIP Tex

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Thanks JW, Got the plants today, I'll try and plant them in the morning. Have to get out and do some unwanted digging anyway. Been raining way to hard this afternoon. Our mix breed is staying right by my side, we can tell she knows something is wrong, It's just not going to be the same around here for sure. He'll always hold a special spots in all our lives.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So sorry for your loss. They are so much part of our family.

I still miss my little yorkie the coyote took, still breaks my heart.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Thank you Addy, I know we will miss him, and for a long time he'll be thought of often. It's part of the grieving process. He was like a child to us and it's really taking it's toll on all of us. It's just not the same not seeing him greeting us or his happy attitude that we have all become so used to seeing when we come up each day.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hope the plants will do well for you Larkin.
I hope all our pets that have passed are up there in Heaven all playing together.............I like to think that and hope that I see my best friend Zeke up there someday. He's been gone for over 15 yrs now and I still miss him dearly. Your dog Johnny B reminds me of my Zeke only a different color:

zeke86.jpg

Reaction score
Hoo i had never read that section of the forum... I'm sorry to read these bad news. RIP tex :(

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Hope the plants will do well for you Larkin.
I hope all our pets that have passed are up there in Heaven all playing together.............I like to think that and hope that I see my best friend Zeke up there someday. He's been gone for over 15 yrs now and I still miss him dearly. Your dog Johnny B reminds me of my Zeke only a different color:
JW, the plants look great, got them planted late this morning. even got a light afternoon shower so they even got a good watering. Zeke looked a lot like Johhny B, you know there are those animals that touch our lives, and those that become a part of who we are. I've had many many animals over the years. Been through many passings of animals I was in care of or at least a part in their life. Working at petstores over the years and doing dog shows, and of course the 40+ years I've kept fish you can imagine how many animals I have seen pass. But there are those select few that become a part of you, they eat with you, go on trips with you, stay up all night with you when you can't sleep, They sit with you when you are hurt and trying to recover and become part of your healing process, Johnny was all that and more, he could make you smile when you were down, he loved to hunt and fish, loved taking rides in the truck even if it was just to turn it around. he would play fetch with you until your arm was giving out then hawg the bed at night when it was time to turn out the lights. Yea, I can imagine 15 years from now I'll still tear up when I think about him. We buried him today, It was raining yesterday evening and my wife wanted to take off of work and find him a perfect place. He's overlooking the pond in front of the house where he would meet us when we came in. Under the big Magnolia tree, Only bad thing is now everytime we come up the driveway we are reminded he's gone. Endy, the black mix breed has been looking and looking for him. Today when we buried him she layed down beside the casket. I swear she cried with us. She's been right beside me all day and we can tell she knows her best buddy isn't coming home. Yea, he was just that special to each of us.

View attachment 42525
Hoo i had never read that section of the forum... I'm sorry to read these bad news. RIP tex :(
Thanks, usually a lot more cheerful section but sometimes we reach out to those that know us most.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Larkin, Your story about JohnnyB reminds me so much of my life w/ my Zekerdog........that's what we called him sometimes. He too was a faithful friend to the end. After time went by w/ his passing we started talking about all the fun things we used to do w/ him. He went on hikes w/ us and we'd tell him to stay and sit and then keep walking away from him for a long ways....................then we'd hide and yell for him "Come on Zeke" and he'd fly like the wind w/ his nose to the ground searching for us............course he always found us, tongue flailing out of his mouth and so happy to play this game he loved! We took him w/us everywhere but when we had to stop and go in a store and leave him in the car w/ the window open he'd hang his head out and make the most awful sound wailing for us not to leave. People would look and just laugh out loud and stare! Course we taught him tricks like point the finger like a gun at him and he'd lay down dead till we'd say ok get up now and then we'd take a dog biscuit and place it on top of his nose and make him leave it there and then say get it and he'd flip it off and grab it in his mouth! My husband had this thing about teaching him to close his eyes on command.............he did learn to do it but didn't like it and for the heck of me I don't know what good that one was. I know what you mean about some of them being special and he was to me and as far as I know he will be the best one I ever had. I will never get over losing him and will think of him often thru the rest of my life. This is a painful thing to have to go through and yours was so sudden. With Zeke we at least knew there was a chance when he went in for cancer surgery he would not come back to us again. I got his ashes and took them w/ me on a routine walk we'd always go on together everyday and sprinkled them along the whole way but I kept a little of them to keep w/ me forever. Just makes me feel a part of him is still here w/ me.We don't have any dogs right now. I think I can't replace him. I'm glad you have your dog Endy to help you thru this and I'm sure she misses him something awful also. We are sad when we lose them but what a loss it would have been to never have had them in our lives at all!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You guys are making me cry, my lil yorkie is 12. My lil josey was 11 when taken by the coyote, both of them so darn smart. They were together when the coyote took josey, missy ran for the house and made it.

I know my missy is getting older, we communicate every day, every minute of the day, she sniffs to get my attention, stares at me if I miss the sniff, tells me when she is hungry, wants out, wants her yard walk, wants her belly rub. We walk the yard for as long as she wants to sniff and be the great hunter of critters. She lays curled up next to my leg, smacks the keyboard if I have ignored her to long when on the puter demanding attention. Like my honey says, she runs the household. oh my I have warned hubby it will be very very bad when she moves on in life.

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Larkin so very sorry for your losses. RIP Tex and Johnny and your Tortoise. It is very when we lose our beloved pets.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
thank you PL, Today was a little better, still hard to except that our man is gone. The wife and I sat by him this evening and just looked over the pond. Our neighbors dog sat across the pond under a big oak tree and just watched us. We watched a small green heron come in and it was hard not seeing him chase it off. the neighbors dog just sat there and watched. Later i went to cut the grass and he used to play and chase with me when I cut the grass. So silent, and very boring. Funny how you miss certain things they do when they are gone.
addy, I can't even imagine watching one being attacked by a coyote. I had a do dog when I was a kid that I was very close to that got attacked by stray dogs. He was my protector when I was young ( LOL a weiner dog as a protector,) I can still remember him very very well. I been 40 years I guess since Oscar passed and I still think of him every so often. Like I say, certain ones just have that place in our hearts and thoughts and they have become part of our lives, I have no doubt your yorkie is one of those special ones as well.

Ask a Question