Rob & Amy's Pond

This is our self built pond. The pond is 18ft X 26ft the depth is 3ft at the deepest area with a 19ft stream. It has 3 pumps and 4 bio filters, 1 Bio filter with 22" waterfall and a large skimmer. Approximately 3500 gals.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Absolutely love this pond! The shallow but wide stream is my favorite part! It's exactly what I would want if I went with a really natural looking pond and didn't worry about technicalities. Like... Do you have any predator problems seeing as the sides are gradually sloped and stepped?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Absolutely love this pond! The shallow but wide stream is my favorite part! It's exactly what I would want if I went with a really natural looking pond and didn't worry about technicalities. Like... Do you have any predator problems seeing as the sides are gradually sloped and stepped?

@myswtsins

Thank you for the comment. I wanted the shallow stream for the birds and wide for the visual effect. The stream is my favorite part. The pond has a step but that is for the rock edge then it slopes. I have 2 planting areas that used up some of that stepped area also. I have had a Great Blue Heron a couple of times but that is the only issues I have had. The fish have multiple cave areas also. We do have raccoons and such but they have never been an issue. A woodchuck will eat a few of the pond plants in the stream and on the edge. So far to date very few issues with any type of animal. I think the size of the pond also helps because they have enough area to swim away with depth and width. My dogs help too :)

Ask a Question