Rock on a roll for edging

Reaction score
I just ordered a roll of rock on a roll in slate gray. There's a few places that desperately need some covering up. Hoping this will look pretty good. Especially with time when plants, algae and moss grow over it.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Curious to see how you like it and how easy it is to work with -- I've only heard good things. When I get to the point of making the stream that wlll connect the turtle-bog with the pond, I'm going to order some as well, to use for the edging. Most people talk about using rocks when they edge a stream, but this is going to be a stream in miniature, so i want to keep it all to scale [more or less] -- the turtles won't mind one way or another, but it will bother me.

Reaction score
I will certainly update this post. I'm excited too. I have heard good things are well. Fingers crossed it will work out. I am a bit concerned about the fact that the pond is already existing and full of fish, making it difficult to secure the edge inside the pond ...... no clue how to do that. Maybe use a bit of waterfall foam to stick it.?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I will certainly update this post. I'm excited too. I have heard good things are well. Fingers crossed it will work out. I am a bit concerned about the fact that the pond is already existing and full of fish, making it difficult to secure the edge inside the pond ...... no clue how to do that. Maybe use a bit of waterfall foam to stick it.?

I've heard people say they've used a variety of "goops" to affix the stuff. I know on their web site, they have their recommendation, but I heard that the PL roofing stuff works well, too.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
When I used it along a stream edge, I crumpled it a little, didn't cut a straight edge. Makes it look more natural. Time, a few rocks, some plants looks great

Where I attached it, used some of the pl roofing compound, and another spot used polyurethane

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have used it as well and used the PL cement to attach it. The only problem I have had is that this year I have noticed where I have it on the front of one pond covering a 4x4 post it has cracked open. It does get a lot of direct sunlight.

Reaction score
I used it last year with the new pond didn't glue it down it will fold and bend around surfaces.To make it go around bends irregular cuts to look more natural. once each piece was made to fit I laid it into the hot sun it became quiet pliable staying place for the second year now. Great stuff.

Reaction score
Yup you are. I had to hold the shipment yesterday when my pond net broke and there were none on the island, so I had to order off Amazon.

I think everything will ship on Thursday and should be here by Monday, so I might have it by Tuesday.

I'm excited too.

Can you believe no pond nets on island? Sigh. So 3rd world! No pond nets! LOL!

Reaction score
OKAY! Its here!!! Along with my AWESOME pond net!!! Sigh. The things that excite me!

First look, the rock on a roll looks good. Textured, kinda rough feeling. I thought it would have the look of individual rocks but it doesn't. I will take some pictures and post shortly. Although I'm baby sitting my friends kids, with mine .... (ACK! Stupid idea!), so maybe later.

I can see what Addie was saying, she cut hers up and kinda crumpled it. You could almost cut it into shapes and 'mold/shape' a rock out of it. Stick that to the liner. Think I might try that option. Gonna be a fun weekend!!! Stay posted friends!

Reaction score
Oh hurry and post some pics I have an area under my last water fall that is just liner and if I put rocks in there my fish won't be able to swim against the fall current, which they love to do! I'm excited for you also!!

Reaction score
Here's a couple of close up's to show the texture. Its pretty rough and I guess it you actually wrapped it around some Styrofoam you could make some fake rocks (3 D).

I think it would be perfect under a waterfall. I plan to put some there tomorrow. Will send you pictures as I get working on it but these kids, man! They get in the way of pond work! LOL!
ROR1.jpg
ROR2.jpg
ROR3.jpg

Reaction score
Hey having other kids around to keep yours company is great. Throw some food and bubble mix at them and they will be fine. I would say duck tape but peeps will take that the wrong way! My boys loved playing with duck tape.

Ask a Question